IBexpress DPK's

2004-09-07 10:22:47 PM
delphi169
Hello,
Because we needed to go back to version 6 of ibexpress we now sometimes get
an "cursor already exists"error.
This is a know problem and can generally be fixed using randomize first.
Still sometimes we get this error.
Version 6 uses a randomstring, version 7.08 a guid.
We want to change this in v6 code, but need the dpk to rebuild.
Does someone has construct a dpk of Ibexpress70?
Eric

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Eric ten Westenend writes:
We want to change this in v6 code, but need the dpk to rebuild.
Does someone has construct a dpk of Ibexpress70?
You are not allowed to rebuild Delphi's packages under the same
filename -- this violates your Delphi license agreement and creates DLL
hell. You have to create your own package which includes what you need
with a new filename.
-Craig
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hello Graig,
In our case that is not possible:
TIBTable uses an internal TIBSQL.
We need to change the constructor of TIBSQL to change the statement:
FCursor := Name + RandomString(8);
This causes problems with our users.
So creating our own package with a derived TIBSQL does not fix the problem
because
TIBTable will still use TIBSQL not our TIBSQL component.
The problem is fixed in other versions (7.08) by using a quid, but as you
may have read in the newsgroup we
have TIBTable problems with 7.08, so we can not use that patch.
Eric
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. vertexsoftware.com]>
schreef in bericht news:413dd5a2$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Eric ten Westenend writes:

>We want to change this in v6 code, but need the dpk to rebuild.
>Does someone has construct a dpk of Ibexpress70?

You are not allowed to rebuild Delphi's packages under the same
filename -- this violates your Delphi license agreement and creates DLL
hell. You have to create your own package which includes what you need
with a new filename.

-Craig

Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hi Eric,
In our case that is not possible:

TIBTable uses an internal TIBSQL.
We need to change the constructor of TIBSQL to change the statement:

FCursor := Name + RandomString(8);

This causes problems with our users.

So creating our own package with a derived TIBSQL does not fix the problem
because
TIBTable will still use TIBSQL not our TIBSQL component.
The problem is fixed in other versions (7.08) by using a quid, but as you
may have read in the newsgroup we
have TIBTable problems with 7.08, so we can not use that patch.
You don't need to derive from TIBSQL - simply create a package
(design time) with a different name that contains everything that
the current IBX package contains.
If you're using run-time packages, create an additional run-time
package that does the same and use this package for your
executable instead of the original IBX package.
This way, you're not using the same name (as is prohibited by
the Borland license) and you can do whatever you like with the
package.
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hello Martijn,
No all sourcecode is supplied but we will try it .
Eric
"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@upscene!nospam!.com>schreef in bericht
Hi Eric,

>In our case that is not possible:
>
>TIBTable uses an internal TIBSQL.
>We need to change the constructor of TIBSQL to change the statement:
>
>FCursor := Name + RandomString(8);
>
>This causes problems with our users.
>
>So creating our own package with a derived TIBSQL does not fix the
problem
>because
>TIBTable will still use TIBSQL not our TIBSQL component.
>The problem is fixed in other versions (7.08) by using a quid, but as
you
>may have read in the newsgroup we
>have TIBTable problems with 7.08, so we can not use that patch.

You don't need to derive from TIBSQL - simply create a package
(design time) with a different name that contains everything that
the current IBX package contains.

If you're using run-time packages, create an additional run-time
package that does the same and use this package for your
executable instead of the original IBX package.

This way, you're not using the same name (as is prohibited by
the Borland license) and you can do whatever you like with the
package.

--
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS
SQL
Server.
Upscene Productions
www.upscene.com

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Eric ten Westenend writes:

Hello Martijn,

No all sourcecode is supplied but we will try it .
Incorrect. Other than the dpk itself all other source is supplied in the
patches. I have never held back any source in the IBX in the patches. All the
design time code is in the property editors directory.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hello Jeff,
With the PEInformation option of GExperts i see the following units in the
IBexpress70.bpl:
- IBServices,
- IBInstall
- IBBatchMove
- IBInstallHeader
- IBHeader
There are only dcu's for these files not the pas files and we use
IBBatchMove.
Eric
"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht

Eric ten Westenend writes:

>Hello Martijn,
>
>No all sourcecode is supplied but we will try it .

Incorrect. Other than the dpk itself all other source is supplied in the
patches. I have never held back any source in the IBX in the patches. All
the
design time code is in the property editors directory.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
for
insects. (RAH)

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hi Eric,
With the PEInformation option of GExperts i see the following units in the
IBexpress70.bpl:

- IBServices,
- IBInstall
- IBBatchMove
- IBInstallHeader
- IBHeader

There are only dcu's for these files not the pas files and we use
IBBatchMove.
As long as you're using the same Delphi version that the DCU
is compiled with, you can use the DCUs in a package just fine.
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Eric ten Westenend writes:

Hello Jeff,

With the PEInformation option of GExperts i see the following units in the
IBexpress70.bpl:

- IBServices,
- IBInstall
- IBBatchMove
- IBInstallHeader
- IBHeader

There are only dcu's for these files not the pas files and we use
IBBatchMove.

Those are all included but IBBatchMove which you can not possibly be using since
a) it doesn't get registered and b) is not a working component. IBBatchMove was
never completed and unusable in its current state.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for
insects. (RAH)

Re:IBexpress DPK's

Hello Jeff,
They are with 7.08 not with 6.