Two-way certificates

2008-05-26 02:04:10 PM
delphi162
I have a question about certificates and soap.
I read that there is no special action to be taken when you want to call a
webservice that requires a certificate.
All you need to do is install the public key on the client and all goes
automatically. Is that assumption correct?
I now face a two-way certificate.
The server has his certificate, installed the public key on the client, but
also the client has a certificate with the public key installed on the
server. So in theory they should be able to communicate.
Is this the only thing to do, or do I have to tell my soapdispatcher that
there is a certificate to be used?
I am puzzled because I cannot find any documents on this matter.
Thanks,
Dennis

Re:Two-way certificates

Hello Dennis,
By default the Delphi SOAP runtime uses WinInet and it is all handled at that
level. There are a few items you can tweak in the runtime regarding the
Server certificate [like allow expired or one of unknown CA, etc). However,
for the client certificate, you basically need to install is using IE and
WinInet picks it up. If there's more than one, WinInet will pop up a dialog
to ask you to select, etc...
Cheers,
Bruneau

Re:Two-way certificates