somebody knows if that is possible with webtraker?

2004-07-24 12:02:41 AM
delphi177
Hi David
I am testing the webtraker, but in my site I have a problem that I will
explain:
In some links I need to know the user this logado, in case it is a html it
will be shown or else I show another html.
See well, I need to check that before even of the user to give login.
Is that possible using the webtraker?
With cookie I get, it is enough to verify the cookie this servant for that
user, but I didn't want to use cookie.
I thank at once.
Roberto Fermino
Brazil - São Paulo

Re:somebody knows if that is possible with webtraker?

I forgot to remove the name of David, it is for all
"EnergyWeb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem
Hi David

I am testing the webtraker, but in my site I have a problem that I will
explain:

In some links I need to know the user this logado, in case it is a html it
will be shown or else I show another html.

See well, I need to check that before even of the user to give login.

Is that possible using the webtraker?

With cookie I get, it is enough to verify the cookie this servant for that
user, but I didn't want to use cookie.

I thank at once.

Roberto Fermino
Brazil - São Paulo

Re:somebody knows if that is possible with webtraker?

FYI, this was sent and answered via personal email.
It has to do with the stateless HTTP protocol.. You need to leave a cookie
on the user's computer if you want to check something when they first
arrive. Otherwise you have nothing to work with.
If the user has already surfed a page on your web site, you could use the
refer IP address to generate a session for them without requiring a login -
but there is no guarantee that it will be unique. Most companies are behind
a proxy server so everyone within the company will have the same IP.
Lastly, if you just want to determine if they have logged in yet, just add a
variable to your web module. Only add session id's to the returning html
when they are logged in, and yes I do this with WebTracker all the time.
DaveH
"EnergyWeb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes