File not found: 'System.pas'

2003-07-08 01:42:04 AM
delphi13
I just started getting this error on a project I am working on. The compiler
stops at the start of the project and refuses to go any farther. There is no
unit called system.pas in my project (and never has been). I have also
attempted a Build project and removing all my *.dcu files without success.
Any ideas?
>larry <<
Larry Kuderick
MIS Norris Precision Mfg

Re:File not found: 'System.pas'

I believe starting with Delphi 6 or 7, System is included by default in all apps.

Re:File not found: 'System.pas'

It must have started with D5 then. As I am checking into this problem more -
none of my D5 or Delphi 7 projects will compile. Everyone stops with system.pas
not found. I HAVE found system.dcu files in the lib directories under both
D5 and Delphi 7 but it would appear that neither version of Delphi is finding them
(nor does moving them to any other directory seem to make a difference).
Something that I must have done just before the 4th of July holiday must
have damaged/removed a registry key or a file that both applications must
have needed. I don't particulary want to re-install both applications so
hopefully someone will chime in with what I hope will be a easy fix.
"D Whaley" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

On 07 Jul 2003, "Larry Kuderick" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I just started getting this error on a project I am working on. The
compiler stops at the start of the project and refuses to go any
farther. There is no unit called system.pas in my project (and never
has been). I have also attempted a Build project and removing all my
*.dcu files without success.
*Every* Delphi program uses System.pas. You just don't realize it
because it is included automatically behind the scenes. it is where things
like tObject are defined. Normally the compiler simply finds and uses
System.DCU in the Delphi\lib directory. If it can not find that it will
look for System.pas. Therefore there's something wrong with your unit
search path.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:File not found: 'System.pas'

I had this problem sometime ago and what happened is that the entire search
library path was lost.
So, I recreated all that list again and the problem was fixed.
"Larry Kuderick" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem
I just started getting this error on a project I am working on. The
compiler
stops at the start of the project and refuses to go any farther. There is
no
unit called system.pas in my project (and never has been). I have also
attempted a Build project and removing all my *.dcu files without success.

Any ideas?

>>larry <<
Larry Kuderick
MIS Norris Precision Mfg