Flicker when drawing shapes in Delphi 6.

2004-07-20 03:27:23 PM
delphi66
Dear ladies and gentlemen:
My operating system is Windows 2000 Professional, and the CUP is PIII
667 MHz, memory is 64MB. I use two versions of Delphi, Delphi 6 and Delphi
5, they are both Enterprise version. When I drawing shapes on canvas of the
TImage of the Delphi 6 with MoveTo, LineTo, Rectangle and so on, the screen
always flicker. But if I using Delphi 5 to do the same things, the screen
isn't flickery. I don't know why. Could you help me?
Thank you very much. Best regards.
Xiaoguang

Re:Flicker when drawing shapes in Delphi 6.

Set the doublebuffered property of you form to true (in FormCreate).
This helps for some of the flicker, but if your drawing is very complex
it may not help for all.
Willem

--
Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Ma Xiaoguang writes:
When I drawing shapes on canvas of the
TImage of the Delphi 6 with MoveTo, LineTo, Rectangle and so on, the screen
always flicker. But if I using Delphi 5 to do the same things, the screen
isn't flickery.

Delphi 6 apparently introduced a change in TImage. Set Stretched to true and
it should be OK.
Gordon
--
MGCSoft Graphical and equation editors
www.mgcsoft.com/

Re:Flicker when drawing shapes in Delphi 6.

Hi willem:
Thank you for your helps. My question was solved. Gordon told me to set
the Stretch property of TImage to true, then I handled the problem.
Best regards.
Xiaoguang
"willem van Deursen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

--
Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
replace _nospam@nospam_ for @ to get a valid email address
www.carthago.nl

Re:Flicker when drawing shapes in Delphi 6.

Hi Gordon:
Thank you for your help. You are right. I handled the problem by your
suggestion. Nice to meet you.
Best regards.
Xiaoguang
"Gordon Whittam" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes