Different ADO version causing trouble

2003-09-11 05:00:22 AM
delphi270
Whenever I compile an app using ADO, the same OLEDB version that is on my PC
must be the same on the users PCs or else the application will not function
correctly. Is this a known thing or am I doing something wrong?
An example is this code not working at all.
--CODE START--
spStuInfo.Parameters[0].Value := StrToInt(strID);
spStuInfo.Open;
--CODE END--
Thanks in advance.

Re:Different ADO version causing trouble

Whenever I compile an app using ADO, the same OLEDB version that is on my PC
must be the same on the users PCs or else the application will not function
correctly. Is this a known thing or am I doing something wrong?
An example is this code not working at all.
--CODE START--
spStuInfo.Parameters[0].Value := StrToInt(strID);
spStuInfo.Open;
I do not see any reason why that code should not work under any Mdac version.
However you are providing no information on how you determine it does not work
or what actual errors you get so I doubt it counts for much.