Re: Cannot attach to services manager

2005-07-26 10:44:40 PM
delphi43
Check the version of gds32.dll in the system32 directory. If it is not
6.0.2.x then delete it and reinstall IB again.
Gelein van de Voorde.
"viana" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>
writes:
>viana writes:
>
>>any ideas ?
>
>Did you install the "Classic" version of IB Open Edition? "Classic"
>has no services manager. Only SuperServer has it.

i've already uninstalled both firebird and IB, and reinstall IB 6.02, but
the problem persists...

thanks for the hint,
viana

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

hello,
i've just did it and it fix the problem. it seems that IB does not replace the gds32.dll in winnt\system32 when you reinstall it. the gds32.dll version was wrong.
thanks in advance all you !
viana.
"Gelein van de Voorde" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Check the version of gds32.dll in the system32 directory. If it is not
6.0.2.x then delete it and reinstall IB again.

Gelein van de Voorde.

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

Our app user is getting this message when he attempts to run our app program
which starts by attempting to connect to the app database hosted on a local
server (first time connect attempt after installing IB and our app). Client
is using IB 7.5. I have run through our usual checklist and find nothing
wrong.
I've never seen this msg before and I sure would like some help.
IB Console can connect to the local server and also to the app database
which is registered for IB Console. But the app cannot connect
--
Steven S. Weston

Steve Weston writes:
Our app user is getting this message when he attempts to run our app
program which starts by attempting to connect to the app database
hosted on a local server (first time connect attempt after installing
IB and our app). Client is using IB 7.5. I have run through our usual
checklist and find nothing wrong.

I've never seen this msg before and I sure would like some help.
The most likely cause is an out of date client version. Search the
entire HDD of the client system for gds32.dll and make sure there is
only one copy and that its version is identical to the server's version.
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

But this is a desktop installation, so there is no "server", only this local
server.
They had installed an evaluation/trial of IB and then uninstalled it before
installing IB 7.5 using the CD media. Any problem there that I should look
for?
--
Steven S. Weston

Steve Weston writes:
But this is a desktop installation, so there is no "server", only
this local server.
That doesn't change this situation.
They had installed an evaluation/trial of IB and then uninstalled it
before installing IB 7.5 using the CD media. Any problem there that I
should look for?
You should look for an out-of-date client DLL like I said.
Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

I started getting this message after a reboot. I am running WinXP, IB
Console 8.0.0.27. I worked around the problem by setting up a remote
server to 127.0.0.1 as described in many other posts, but can anyone
tell me why it suddenly started doing this? I have been working with it
as a Local Server for months now.
Thanks
Doug

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

Sounds like you're using an out-of-date gds32.dll. Search your whole
HDD and make sure there is only one copy and that its version matches
the server's.
All the great TeamB service you've come to expect plus (New!)
Irish Tin Whistle tips: learningtowhistle.blogspot.com

Re: Cannot attach to services manager

On May 15, 11:32 am, "Craig Stuntz [TeamB]"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>writes:
Sounds like you're using an out-of-date gds32.dll. Search your whole
HDD and make sure there is only one copy and that its version matches
the server's.

Thanks for the message Craig. I had noticed you mentioned that before
in other posts as well. When I grepped my drive yesterday I found 2
gds32.dll files:
C:\Windows\System32\gds32.dll
C:\Program Files\Borland\interbase\bin\gds32.dll
both are dated 12/6/2006 2:34 AM, v8.0.0.61
Is this version number supposed to match the IBConsole version number?

XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:
Is this version number supposed to match the IBConsole version number?
No. It is supposed to match the version number of ibserver.exe.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

On May 15, 9:33 pm, "Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:
>Is this version number supposed to match the IBConsole version number?

No. It is supposed to match the version number of ibserver.exe.
Thanks Bill.
Funny, most stuff in my bin directory seems to be 8.0.0.53 including
IBserver.exe and a couple other dlls. So do you have any idea what
the possible sources are for the 8.0.0.61 dll suddenly showing up in
System32 and the bin directory (assuming this is the source of the
problem)? Any way aside from a re-install to get the 8.0.0.53 dll
restored?
Doug