Re: Refreshin form

2005-12-04 09:38:20 PM
delphi228
Claude writes:
I have a main form with 2 dbgrid on it.
The first dbgrid is my order
the 2nd my main database.
When I double clik on a line of the database,
i open a smallform to inpu the quantity.
OK so this input form is a modal form?
This form mask the main form which doesn't refresh automatically
so when I move the smal form on the main form, the dbgrid refresh
alright but
not the main form which stay blanck where I move the smell form and
when I validate it, the small form close but I have a blanck square
insteed to get the drawing of the main form.
Make a function on your main form that when the smaller form closes the
main form refreshes.
Your descriptions a little vague. But hopefully that has some ideas for
you
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Refreshin form

Hi
I have a main form with 2 dbgrid on it.
The first dbgrid is my order
the 2nd my main database.
When I double clik on a line of the database,
i open a smallform to inpu the quantity.
This form mask the main form which doesn't refresh automatically
so when I move the smal form on the main form, the dbgrid refresh alright
but
not the main form which stay blanck where I move the smell form and when I
validate it, the small form close but I have a blanck square insteed to get
the drawing of the main form.
Do you have an idee
Claude

Re: Refreshin form

Claude writes:
Yes but normally windows managed that. When you have 2 forms one on
the top of the other, the bottom form is redraw automatically when
you move with the mouse the top form. And in my case it does't append
Your words dont make sense to me.. theres something missing to make it
mean something..
Your first message implied the data on the main form wasnt refreshing
after some activity on a second.
Now it sounds like a drawing issue..
Either way, you need to be passing messages between the 2 forms so the
forms know what to do..
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Refreshin form

Claude writes:
in actual fact if you have two form, one on the bottom, the other one
smaller on the top, when you mouve the top one with your mouse
clicked on the title of the top form,the bottom one should redraw
automatically. In my case it doesn't.And I though it is the job of
windows to manage that. But don't worry I have always probleme like
that. But tell me if you know understand what I mean. It is
importzante for me that people at least understand.
So it is a simpel drawing issue.
Then you've told it not to redraw somehow
likely options are:
its too busy to redraw.. eg something like
while form2.visible;
its been blocked
lockwindowupdate(form1.handle);
--

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de
Claude writes:

>I have a main form with 2 dbgrid on it.
>The first dbgrid is my order
>the 2nd my main database.
>When I double clik on a line of the database,
>i open a smallform to inpu the quantity.

OK so this input form is a modal form?

>This form mask the main form which doesn't refresh automatically
>so when I move the smal form on the main form, the dbgrid refresh
>alright but
>not the main form which stay blanck where I move the smell form and
>when I validate it, the small form close but I have a blanck square
>insteed to get the drawing of the main form.

Make a function on your main form that when the smaller form closes the
main form refreshes.

Your descriptions a little vague. But hopefully that has some ideas for
you

--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings