Missing LibIntf problem

2003-11-26 07:00:25 PM
delphi195
Hi All,
Thanks to Alain Quesnel's generous help I now have my property editor
working off my speed menu. My package now compiles and installs
perfectly. However, when I come to use my component in an application I
get the dreaded "Cannot find libintf.dcu" message whenever I try to
compile the application that uses it. I had to include ColnEdit in the
implementation section of my uses clause to get access to
ShowCollectionEditor.
I'm sure this is a common problem, but a Google on the newsgroups
didn't return anything that related to my problem.
Any ideas anyone?
TIA,
--
Cheers,
Andy

Re:Missing LibIntf problem

Alain Quesnel writes:
Did you segragate design time and run time code in two separate
packages (.dpk)?
Hi Alain,
No, I just have the one package that is both design-time and runtime.
Do I need to split them, then?
--

XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.logiquel.com
"Andrew Denton" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi All,

Thanks to Alain Quesnel's generous help I now have my property editor
working off my speed menu. My package now compiles and installs
perfectly. However, when I come to use my component in an application I
get the dreaded "Cannot find libintf.dcu" message whenever I try to
compile the application that uses it. I had to include ColnEdit in the
implementation section of my uses clause to get access to
ShowCollectionEditor.

I'm sure this is a common problem, but a Google on the newsgroups
didn't return anything that related to my problem.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA,

--
Cheers,

Andy
"I want to move to Theory....Everything works in Theory"

Re:Missing LibIntf problem

Alain Quesnel writes:
Yup. Follow the instructions here (the "Package Issues" section):

www.geocities.com/alain_cal/frames_main.htm

or

www.geocities.com/alain_cal/package_issues.htm
Thanks for that, Alain. I am definitely getting somewhere. I now have my
two packages for Design and Run time as you recommended and the libintf
problem has gone away. The only problem I now get is when trying to
compile an application that uses the component I now get "File not
found : ToolWnds.Dcu". I do have dsnide50.dcp in the requires section
of my design-time package. I am guessing that this unit is contained in
another package, but I don't know which one.
Thanks once again.
--

Alain Quesnel writes:

>Did you segragate design time and run time code in two separate
>packages (.dpk)?

Hi Alain,

No, I just have the one package that is both design-time and runtime.
Do I need to split them, then?

--
Cheers,

Andy
"I want to move to Theory....Everything works in Theory"

Re:Missing LibIntf problem

Alain Quesnel writes:
Did you remove the design-time units from your component unit? i.e.
DesignEditors, DsgnIntf , ColnEdit ?

Can you locate ToolWnds.pas or ToolWnds.dcu in your Delphi 5
directory? I can only find the ToolWin unit.

Unless you're using a 3rd party component that has a unit called
ToolWnds.
Hi Alain,
Yes, I did. I did some more digging and apparently it is a good idea to
have any property editors in a separate design time package, so I've
split them out too. Toolwnds is nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I
guess it is one of those Borland units they never released.
Anyway after much fiddling around and having to restart Delphi because
of crashes it now all seems to work fine. I have 3 packages, A
design-time one that registers the component and the property editor,
another design time one that contains my property editor code and
finally a runtime one which contains the main bulk of the controls
code. I can drop my component onto a form and compile the application
without any problems at all.
This has been my first foray into component development (bet you
couldn't tell, could you? :) ) and I have learnt quite a lot.
Thanks once again (or merci encore une fois if my (rather rusty) French
is correct), you've been a big help.
--

Alain Quesnel writes:

>Yup. Follow the instructions here (the "Package Issues" section):
>
>www.geocities.com/alain_cal/frames_main.htm
>
>or
>
>www.geocities.com/alain_cal/package_issues.htm

Thanks for that, Alain. I am definitely getting somewhere. I now have my
two packages for Design and Run time as you recommended and the libintf
problem has gone away. The only problem I now get is when trying to
compile an application that uses the component I now get "File not
found : ToolWnds.Dcu". I do have dsnide50.dcp in the requires section
of my design-time package. I am guessing that this unit is contained in
another package, but I don't know which one.

Thanks once again.

--
Cheers,

Andy
"I want to move to Theory....Everything works in Theory"

Re:Missing LibIntf problem

You're welcome.