Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

We recently upgraded to Delphi 2005 from Delphi 5.
(Big jump I know)
I can pull in 1 of the projects but when I try to compile I get a "compiled
with a different version" message on the ExtActns.pas unit. Which was not
around in Delphi 5.
I saw a similar message posted somewhere with Delphi 6 and the fix was to
remove the {$Delphi}\rtl\win dir from the library path. I found the Search
path in the Delphi 2005 project and changed all to have XXX at the end of
each BDS path, but this has not solved the problem.
Has anyone run into this? What is the fix? TeamB?
Thanks,
David

Re:Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, David Dudley writes:
We recently upgraded to Delphi 2005 from Delphi 5.
(Big jump I know)

I can pull in 1 of the projects but when I try to compile I get a "compiled
with a different version" message on the ExtActns.pas unit. Which was not
around in Delphi 5.
Does your project directory contain any copies of RTL or VCL units or units
named the same as current D2005 RTL or VCL units? Can you do a build on the
project? Try to delete the projects DSK file, check the Uses clause in the DPR
file for references to D5 source files (only those that have a partial or full
path, which indicates that they have been added explicitely to the project).
Remove those.
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
www.prolix.be

Re:Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

I deleted the DSK.
No Explicitely added files are in the uses of the DPR
There aren't any units in this project named like RTL or VCL units that I
can tell.
Doing the build again gives me the same thing
"[Fatal Error] ShippingMain.pas(7): F2051 Unit ExtActns was compiled
with a different version of UrlMon.IBindStatusCallback"
I tried removing the ComCtrls from the uses line it is placing the cursor on
but it keeps automatically adding it back in.
Any other options?
"Peter Below (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
www.prolix.be

Re:Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, David Dudley writes:
I deleted the DSK.
No Explicitely added files are in the uses of the DPR
There aren't any units in this project named like RTL or VCL units that I
can tell.
Doing the build again gives me the same thing

"[Fatal Error] ShippingMain.pas(7): F2051 Unit ExtActns was compiled
with a different version of UrlMon.IBindStatusCallback"

I tried removing the ComCtrls from the uses line it is placing the cursor on
but it keeps automatically adding it back in.
Why ComCtrls? Anyway, go to your BDS\3.0\lib folder and compare the timestamps
of the urlmon.dcu and extactns.dcu files. Are they the same?
Try to make a small test project (win32) that uses something from the ExtActns
unit, e.g. a TBrowseUrl custom action. Does it have the same problem?
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
www.prolix.be

Re:Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

Comctrls since the ExtActns is on the uses line in that unit.
I'm not directly using ExtActns since it didn't exist in Delphi 5.
DCU's are both the same 3/4/2005 1:02pm
I do have update 2 for D2K5 on my machine by the way.
I've never used the ActionList or TBrowseURL. But creating a New win32
project using the TBrowseURL object, setting the URL property and disposing
the object on a button click. No compile errors and it runs fine.

In article <427a2cdc$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, David Dudley writes:
Comctrls since the ExtActns is on the uses line in that unit.
I'm not directly using ExtActns since it didn't exist in Delphi 5.
Ah yes, forgot that.
DCU's are both the same 3/4/2005 1:02pm
I do have update 2 for D2K5 on my machine by the way.
So there is no conflict there as well. <sigh>
Sorry, David. I have no idea what the problem may be in your case and cannot
think of anything else to suggest. Perhaps you should just start a new project
in D2005 and add the forms etc. from the old D5 project one by one to it.
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
www.prolix.be

Re:Moving projects from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005

Just an update. I finally got around this error by selecting
Record alignment of 8 instead of 1 which the Delphi 5 file was converted
with to Delphi 2005.
Not sure why, but it got me past this.
David