Question: COMCTL32.DLL installation on Win95 PC's

Hi,
I noticed that my Delphi apps sometimes need a newer version of
COMCTL32.DLL to run on some Windows 95 PC's. Has anybody got any
information on deploying this (or any related DLL's) on other PC's, and
which components use this DLL?
Greetings,
Craig Manley.

Re:Question: COMCTL32.DLL installation on Win95 PC's

In article <35FD5BD6.5...@skybound.demon.nl>, Craig Manley

<cr...@skybound.demon.nl> writes:
>Hi,
>I noticed that my Delphi apps sometimes need a newer version of
>COMCTL32.DLL to run on some Windows 95 PC's. Has anybody got any
>information on deploying this (or any related DLL's) on other PC's, and
>which components use this DLL?
>Greetings,
>Craig Manley.

Hi Craig,

            If you ftp://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/programs/40comupd.exe this
is a Microsoft COMCTL32.DLL upgrade for W95 and NT. I've read the license when
you 'execute'  it and as far as I can see you're free to re-distribute it as
long as it's distributed *as is*. If I've misread it could someone please tell
me quick before Uncle Bill comes after me.

Regards

Gordon

_______________
http://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/

Re:Question: COMCTL32.DLL installation on Win95 PC's

It is fully permissable to redistribute the common control on the condition
that you distribute microsofts .exe file to do it and not just the dll.
This is because it installs various other items which relates to com or
something.

Jamie.

GWhit41980 wrote in message

<1998091419444500.PAA14...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>In article <35FD5BD6.5...@skybound.demon.nl>, Craig Manley
><cr...@skybound.demon.nl> writes:

>>Hi,
>>I noticed that my Delphi apps sometimes need a newer version of
>>COMCTL32.DLL to run on some Windows 95 PC's. Has anybody got any
>>information on deploying this (or any related DLL's) on other PC's, and
>>which components use this DLL?
>>Greetings,
>>Craig Manley.

>Hi Craig,

>            If you ftp://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/programs/40comupd.exe
this
>is a Microsoft COMCTL32.DLL upgrade for W95 and NT. I've read the license
when
>you 'execute'  it and as far as I can see you're free to re-distribute it
as
>long as it's distributed *as is*. If I've misread it could someone please
tell
>me quick before Uncle Bill comes after me.

>Regards

>Gordon

>http://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/

Other Threads