QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

I still haven't received any sort of answer to my problem printing
labels.  Here's the problem again:

Using laser label forms (one form has 10 rows of 2 labels each, the
other has 4 rows of 2 labels each) and reports created using the
QRLabel in the Delphi 3.02 c/s repository, the last row of labels
always fails to print.  The printers being used are various models of
HP Laserjets.  All the data is printed -- the page just breaks at the
wrong place.  I've tried various combination of margins, etc., with no
apparent affect.  Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

Now just in case there is no answer, what do folks consider the best
QR replacement out there?  We need a total VCL solution and the report
tool also needs to be able to produce non-databound reports and to
allow a fairly high level of in-code control of the reporting process
for those needs that aren't handled precisely as my customer wants
things with the default process.

Thanks in advance,
Ray
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_por...@unc.edu
       dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

Which version of QR? 2.0k prints labels fine.

Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

Re:QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

Recommend ReportPrinterPro2.0S--it gives one complete flexibility in report
layout since it is not a banded report writer, though one can use it as
such.  Good luck.
Gene

Ray Porter <l...@email.ais.unc.edu> wrote in article
<35f5270a.6414...@forums.borland.com>...

> I still haven't received any sort of answer to my problem printing
> labels.  Here's the problem again:

> Using laser label forms (one form has 10 rows of 2 labels each, the
> other has 4 rows of 2 labels each) and reports created using the
> QRLabel in the Delphi 3.02 c/s repository, the last row of labels
> always fails to print.  The printers being used are various models of
> HP Laserjets.  All the data is printed -- the page just breaks at the
> wrong place.  I've tried various combination of margins, etc., with no
> apparent affect.  Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

> Now just in case there is no answer, what do folks consider the best
> QR replacement out there?  We need a total VCL solution and the report
> tool also needs to be able to produce non-databound reports and to
> allow a fairly high level of in-code control of the reporting process
> for those needs that aren't handled precisely as my customer wants
> things with the default process.

> Thanks in advance,
> Ray
> Ray Porter
> Applications Analyst Programmer
> Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> Phone: 966-5878
> email: ray_por...@unc.edu
>        dra...@email.unc.edu
> Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

> "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

I am using QR 2.0k.  The labels look fine and they all print, it just
never uses the last row of labels on a form (i.e., the page breaks one
row too soon).

On 8 Sep 1998 17:01:33 GMT, n...@mode.co.uk (Nick Spurrier) wrote:

>Which version of QR? 2.0k prints labels fine.

>Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_por...@unc.edu
       dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

I've managed to solve this problem but I'm not sure why it worked
since I don't have the QR code.  All I did was switch the default
units for each label report from millimeters to inches, recompile, and
everything worked.  My guess is that somewhere in the QR code the page
size in millimeters isn't quite matching up to the actual size of an
8.5x11 inch page.

Ray

On Wed, 09 Sep 1998 11:36:08 GMT, l...@email.ais.unc.edu (Ray Porter)
wrote:

>I am using QR 2.0k.  The labels look fine and they all print, it just
>never uses the last row of labels on a form (i.e., the page breaks one
>row too soon).

>On 8 Sep 1998 17:01:33 GMT, n...@mode.co.uk (Nick Spurrier) wrote:

>>Which version of QR? 2.0k prints labels fine.

>>Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

>Ray Porter
>Applications Analyst Programmer
>Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
>Phone: 966-5878
>email: ray_por...@unc.edu
>       dra...@email.unc.edu
>Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

>"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
>for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_por...@unc.edu
       dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:QR 2.0k and Avery Laser Labels/ QR Replacements

You have to do a bit of fiddling with margins. Some printers
won't handle small bottom margins so that is a printer thing
rather than a QR one.

Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

Other Threads