TQuery SQL Property

Is there a maximum length for a SQL Query?  I have a paradox table, and
a TQuery with a really long SQL query.  I also tried copying my SQL and
executing it in Paradox, so maybe this is a BDE limitation.  Both TQuery
and Paradox methods give me 'Bad use of keyword' or something similar.
I don't think it really is a bad use of keyword.

The query is a long list of Selects with Unions.  I think it might be a
length issue since it will run with about half of the Selects removed.
Perhaps this is not a good method, and I have created a huge query for
nothing.

----------------
Scott Stonehouse
Technical Officer for the Information Framework
Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission
Fredericton, NB
Canada                    http://www.mphec.ca

Re:TQuery SQL Property

>Is there a maximum length for a SQL Query?  I have a paradox table, and
>a TQuery with a really long SQL query.  I also tried copying my SQL and
>executing it in Paradox, so maybe this is a BDE limitation.  Both TQuery
>and Paradox methods give me 'Bad use of keyword' or something similar.
>I don't think it really is a bad use of keyword.

64K    Size of SQL statement (RequestLive=False)
4K     Size of SQL statement (RequestLive=True)
6K     Size of SQL statement (RequestLive=True) (BDE 4.01, 32 Bit)

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:TQuery SQL Property

I've written some monstrously long SQL statements which seem to execute
fine.  I have found the local SQL for the BDE to be a bit finicky (sp?)
though.  Have you checked out the Local SQL help file?

Scott Stonehouse wrote in message <3559923E.C2ECD...@mphec.ca>...
>Is there a maximum length for a SQL Query?  I have a paradox table, and
>a TQuery with a really long SQL query.  I also tried copying my SQL and
>executing it in Paradox, so maybe this is a BDE limitation.  Both TQuery
>and Paradox methods give me 'Bad use of keyword' or something similar.
>I don't think it really is a bad use of keyword.

>The query is a long list of Selects with Unions.  I think it might be a
>length issue since it will run with about half of the Selects removed.
>Perhaps this is not a good method, and I have created a huge query for
>nothing.

>Scott Stonehouse
>Technical Officer for the Information Framework
>Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission
>Fredericton, NB
>Canada                    http://www.mphec.ca

Other Threads