Interbase 5.6 server and interbase 6 opensource clients

can you set up an interbase 5.6 server, and have Interbase 6.01 opensource
clients accessing it. ???

Have any of you guys tried this and therefore are there any known issues..
Spead of reply would be much appreciated.

Martin

Re:Interbase 5.6 server and interbase 6 opensource clients

Yes, but Borland does not recommend it.  Borland does recommend that the client
and server stay on the same level.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:

> Yes, but Borland does not recommend it.  Borland does recommend that the client
> and server stay on the same level.

        In particular, an IB 6 client with an IB 5.6 server seems to cause
problems with BDE 5.2.

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd