The PentiumPro200/ CRT Unit bug:any fixes?

Has anyone found a fix for this bug (in case you haven't heard, it
makes any TP, and evidently, any BP DOS program which uses the CRT
unit bomb out with an "ERROR 200 - divide by zero", when run on a
Pentium Prod 200.

I have customers rather hot about this one and don't know what to do.

Help.....?

Thanks,   Bill Waslp

Re:The PentiumPro200/ CRT Unit bug:any fixes?

bwa...@one.net (Bill Waslo) writes:
> Has anyone found a fix for this bug (in case you haven't heard, it
> makes any TP, and evidently, any BP DOS program which uses the CRT
> unit bomb out with an "ERROR 200 - divide by zero", when run on a
> Pentium Prod 200.

> I have customers rather hot about this one and don't know what to do.

> Help.....?

> Thanks,   Bill Waslp

This seems to be one of the most FAQs these days... I posted different
solutions quite a few times recently. You may look up my postings about:
'Subject: Re: Pentium and CRT unit: Problem solved', or:
'Subject: Re: CRT, delay, 200MHz machines', and as well:
'Subject: Re: "pause"', and:
'Subject: Re: BP7.0 DOS App with PentiumPro'.

You should also have a look at:
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/pascal.htm#Delay

There are different approaches, but as the problem is within the Crt unit, you
have to modify the unit (unless, of course, you stop using Crt or get a
replacement unit for Crt). You need to have the RTL sources coming with BP7.0,
and you have to rebuild Crt which includes assembling CRT.ASM (with -d_DPMI_
to CRT.OBP for Protected Mode, and without this switch to CRT.OBJ for Real
Mode), compiling CRT.PAS, and updating CRT.TPU and CRT.TPP in TURBO.TPL and
TPP.TPL, respectively.

Hope this helps,
Frank

Other Threads