How to protect a Access DB and connect to it with delphi/ADO

I try to password-protect an access database but then I cannot connect to it with the AdoExpress components of D5.
How can I connect to it. Do I have to provide an username (which?)
Any hints ?

Re:How to protect a Access DB and connect to it with delphi/ADO

>I try to password-protect an access database but then I cannot connect to it with the AdoExpress components of D5.
>How can I connect to it. Do I have to provide an username (which?)

If it is a database password you set then you need to include the
"Jet OLEDB:Database Password" property in the connection string.
Look under the ALL tab in the Data Link connection dialogbox
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:How to protect a Access DB and connect to it with delphi/ADO

>If it is a database password you set then you need to include the
>"Jet OLEDB:Database Password" property in the connection string.
>Look under the ALL tab in the Data Link connection dialogbox

Thanks brian! It works.

Other Threads