ADO Record locking / locked by

Hi all,

Last night I had a piece of code that worked like a charm, today, with no
changes it does not work...
I looked into MS for some help and found ... as one would expect... nothing
of use!
Is there a way to trap the username of the current "locker" of a record. We
are using Jet on Access 2k with pessimistic row locking.  In my late night
last night, I was receiving the message 'Could not update; currently locked
by user 'admin' on machine 'xxx'.' today i get 'Could not update; record
currently locked.'.  What happend to the user and machine information?

My first thought was to simply post the username on the record when a user
edits the record.(even though I would rather not.).  Then I found the
errorObject and information last night and simply parsed the message for the
name and machine.  Since that no longer works, is there a way to capture
that information?

ps. I did find this bit of information on MS.
thanks in advance
bran...@xpresstech.com

see error: 3260 "Couldn't update; currently locked by user <name> on machine
<name>

Error number and text Cause and suggested response
3218 "Could not update; currently locked." This error occurs when a user
tries to save a record that is locked by another user.
To handle this error, program your solution to wait for a short period of
time, and then try to save the record again. Or, you can display a message
that explains the problem and give users the opportunity to try the
operation again.

3197 "The database engine stopped the process because you and another user
are attempting to change the same data at the same time." This error occurs
if another user has changed the data since the current user started trying
to update the record. When this error is triggered depends on the locking
mode you are using:
If you are using pessimistic locking, this error occurs when the current
user attempts to start editing the record after the other user has saved
changes to the record.

If you are using optimistic locking, this error occurs when the user
attempts to save changes by using the Update method after the other user has
already saved changes to the record.
In either situation, to handle this error, program your solution to display
a message that informs the user that someone else has changed the data. You
may want to display the current data and give users the choice of whether to
overwrite the other user's changes or cancel their own edits.

3260 "Couldn't update; currently locked by user <name> on machine <name>."
This error occurs when a user attempts to edit a record and the current
record (or if you are using page-level locking, the page it is on) is
locked.
If you are using page-level locking, this error also occurs when a user uses
the AddNew method or the Update method to save a record on a locked page.
This situation can occur when the user is trying to save a new record or
when optimistic locking is in place and another user locks the page.

To handle this error, program your solution to wait for a short period of
time, and then try to save the record again. Or, you can inform users of the
problem and allow them to indicate whether or not they want to retry the
operation