?? Installed Component Dissappears ??

I've got an MDIWallpaper component installed on my laptop, but when I load a
certain application (which uses this Wallpaper), the tab in Delphi 3 that
contains the Wallpaper component dissappears.  I can load other
applications, and it's OK.  I can re-install the component when I have this
application loaded, and re-compile, and it's OK, but if I close the app and
re-open it, the Delphi tab that contains the VCL goes away again.

What's going on here?  Anyone got any hints?

Thanks,
-= Jesse =-
http://www.msdlg.com
http://www.DaVinci-MIMS.com
ICQ # 36647056

Re:?? Installed Component Dissappears ??

Jesse Castleberry <Je...@msdlg.com> wrote in message

> I've got an MDIWallpaper component installed on my laptop, but when I load a
> certain application (which uses this Wallpaper), the tab in Delphi 3 that
> contains the Wallpaper component dissappears.  I can load other
> applications, and it's OK.  I can re-install the component when I have this
> application loaded, and re-compile, and it's OK, but if I close the app and
> re-open it, the Delphi tab that contains the VCL goes away again.

> What's going on here?  Anyone got any hints?

Don't know what's going on, but I've had similar problems. Delphi 3
refused to load DCLUSR30.DPK, so I kept losing lots of
components. I fixed it by breaking DCLUSR30 into smaller packages,
and also deleting the associated .dpl and .dcu files and recompiling
the packages. It's been fine ever since.

(You've reminded me of something stupid I did. I named one of my
new packages "controls". So, not only did Delphi get confused about
the uses clauses of the packages, I also overwrote the standard
"controls.dcu" and couldn't compile anything. D'Oh :-)

--
Jeremy Collins
Kansai Business Systems

Other Threads