Systray help desperately needed.........

Hi everybody and Any body;

I have a problem that I have not run into before.

I have a application that uses a timer to update itself , and when the
application it does not allow the screensaver to activate.
this seems to only be a problem on win 95,  the package works well on
98, and NT.

this is my third systray app, and I never ran into it before.  I would
love to hear any thoughts on this problem as the application was to be
done last week, and the deployment is friday (of last week.......)

jason

Re:Systray help desperately needed.........

Jason Stunden wrote:
> I have a application that uses a timer to update itself , and when the
> application it does not allow the screensaver to activate.
> this seems to only be a problem on win 95,  the package works well on
> 98, and NT.

Your message is rather vague but I wrote a program a while ago
(QuickSaver - search on www.freewarehome.com under "screensaver
utilities") which is a system-tray-based screensaver manager.
Part of the functionallity is to turn on/off the screensaver with a
single mouse-click on the sys-tray icon.

Sometimes though, when you click "On", my program sets the screensaver
active and checks it by requesting a couple of bits of info from the
WinAPI to check it's running, but the screensaver never actually comes
back on after it's timeout.   Now Windows obviously thinks it's active
because it reports it as so but it never happens.

I don't know what causes this - is it a Windows problem?  Is there some
undocumented (in MSDN anyway) method os setting the screensaver active?
This happens perhaps 1 time in 10, under Windows 98 SE (I've not tested
sufficiently under other OSs).

Perhaps you could post the code which handles the "switching on" of the
screensaver..?

--
Seeya,  Andy.

Other Threads