learning delphi (help)

Hello everybody

I'm learning delphi now, but i can't make sense of the code's they use, i
have a book of delphi. but they give me some examples of how to program, but
they don't explain what the code do, or how they come up with that code.
Now i have heard that delphi works with pascal, is't perhaps a good idea to
buy a book basiscursus pascal, so i can make more sense of that codes, or do
you say, quit learning you never learn it anyway.
I hope you all can help me.

Thanks
Tazmanian Devil

Re:learning delphi (help)

Pascal is one of the easiest languages to learn. You could try a course on
http://delphi.about.com/compute/delphi/cs/beginners/index.htm.

"Tazmanian Devil" <tazm...@privacyx.com> schreef in bericht

> Hello everybody

> I'm learning delphi now, but i can't make sense of the code's they use, i
> have a book of delphi. but they give me some examples of how to program,
but
> they don't explain what the code do, or how they come up with that code.
> Now i have heard that delphi works with pascal, is't perhaps a good idea
> buy a book basiscursus pascal, so i can make more sense of that codes, or
do
> you say, quit learning you never learn it anyway.
> I hope you all can help me.

> Thanks
> Tazmanian Devil

Re:learning delphi (help)

Taz,

I think studying well commented code is a good way to learn.  You can place
the cursor over any word that Delphi knows about and press F1 to view the
help entry for it.   I've posted quite a few simple but interesting programs
at my site with more being added weekly.   If you try them, let me know what
you think.

_________________________
Gary
http://www.delphiforfun.org
_________________________

"Tazmanian Devil" <tazm...@privacyx.com> wrote in message

> Hello everybody

> I'm learning delphi now, but i can't make sense of the code's they use, i
> have a book of delphi. but they give me some examples of how to program,
but
> they don't explain what the code do, or how they come up with that code.
> Now i have heard that delphi works with pascal, is't perhaps a good idea
> buy a book basiscursus pascal, so i can make more sense of that codes, or
do
> you say, quit learning you never learn it anyway.
> I hope you all can help me.

> Thanks
> Tazmanian Devil

Re:learning delphi (help)

tazm...@privacyx.com (Tazmanian Devil) wrote in
<39f413a6$0$3031@reader5>:

>Hello everybody

>I'm learning delphi now, but i can't make sense of the code's they use,
>i have a book of delphi. but they give me some examples of how to
>program, but they don't explain what the code do, or how they come up
>with that code. Now i have heard that delphi works with pascal, is't
>perhaps a good idea to buy a book basiscursus pascal, so i can make more
>sense of that codes, or do you say, quit learning you never learn it
>anyway. I hope you all can help me.

"Computing with Delphi", a tutorial from the Department of Mechanical
Engineering at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and
Technology
    http://www.me.umist.ac.uk/delphi.htm

Marco Cant's "Essential Pascal", an online introduction to the Pascal
language in Delphi
    http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/

Gary Darby's "Delphi For Fun" tutorials and examples
   http://www.delphiforfun.org/

--

Mark Vaughan
____________

Visit the Numerical Methods in Pascal web page at
http://www-rab.larc.nasa.gov/nmp/fNMPhome.htm

Re:learning delphi (help)

Hello Tazmanian,

No, you do not need to learn TurboPascal or pascal in order to
programm in delphi. Delphi is pascal. I suggest you to buy "Teach
yourself Delphi (4 or 5) in 21 days" from SAMS.
Book is excellent for beginners. Mastering Delphi is another good
solution.

--
Best regards,
Emil Beli

Monday, October 23, 2000, 8:31:27 AM, you wrote:

TD> Hello everybody

TD> I'm learning delphi now, but i can't make sense of the code's they use, i
TD> have a book of delphi. but they give me some examples of how to program, but
TD> they don't explain what the code do, or how they come up with that code.
TD> Now i have heard that delphi works with pascal, is't perhaps a good idea to
TD> buy a book basiscursus pascal, so i can make more sense of that codes, or do
TD> you say, quit learning you never learn it anyway.
TD> I hope you all can help me.

TD> Thanks
TD> Tazmanian Devil

Other Threads