Copy ASCII Tables to New Paradox Tables

Given an ASCII text file, without knowing the number of
columns, and without knowing whether it is tab-delimited
or comma delimited, what is the easiest way to create
a Paradox 7 table with all of the data of the Ascii
text file?

How about DbiCopyTable?

How about a TBatchMove component?

Bonus question:
Given an MS Access table without know the number of
fields, what is the easiest way to create
a Paradox 7 table with all of the data of the table?

Documentation says DbiCopyTable works with Access tables.
Any problems/pitfalls with this I need to know about?

Of course I am using D3.

--
Bob-o-Bob
Delphi and MFC Programming

The opinions expressed by Bob are in no way
supported by his parents.

Re:Copy ASCII Tables to New Paradox Tables

On 11 Jun 1997 18:32:53 GMT, "Bob-o-Bob" <pal...@nlci.not.com> wrote:

>Given an ASCII text file, without knowing the number of
>columns, and without knowing whether it is tab-delimited
>or comma delimited, what is the easiest way to create
>a Paradox 7 table with all of the data of the Ascii
>text file?

>How about DbiCopyTable?

>How about a TBatchMove component?

>Bonus question:
>Given an MS Access table without know the number of
>fields, what is the easiest way to create
>a Paradox 7 table with all of the data of the table?

>Documentation says DbiCopyTable works with Access tables.
>Any problems/pitfalls with this I need to know about?

>Of course I am using D3.

>--
>Bob-o-Bob
>Delphi and MFC Programming
>pal...@nlci.com

>The opinions expressed by Bob are in no way
>supported by his parents.

I came across a nifty component on the Delphi Super Page called EXIM
by Colin Davies.  It takes the hassle out of importing and exporting
text files.  I tried it on D2 and am waiting on the source so I can
recompile in D3.  I hope it works!

Don

Other Threads