SQL and Joins

This should be a simple problem. basically I need some help with an SQL
statement. I know I want to create an outer join between two tables which
are in Paradox format. Now I don't know how to create the statement.
Normally all my statements are derived from Paradox's QBE and using the
show SQL function, or using Integra's SQL Builder. Now I know Paradox can
do outer joins but it can't show the relevant SQL statement. And the query
builder says that the database engine does not support them, but they do!

So basically, how do I do an outer join with Paradox tables in SQL. Any
help appreciated

Sean

Re:SQL and Joins

I think it looks something like this:

Select Table1.Field, Table2.Field
From Table1 left join Table2 on Table1.Key = Table2.Key
Where (your where stuff)
Order By (your sort stuff)

When you do the QBE with the ! after the join tags, the BDE SHOW SQL does
give you an error.  However, I think the left join in the From statement
should work.

--
Chuck

Read original science fiction and fantasy works at
http://moose.erie.net/~mudsox

Sean Radford <s...@bladesys.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<01bcb637$927aa920$9763989e@bladesys>...

> This should be a simple problem. basically I need some help with an SQL
> statement. I know I want to create an outer join between two tables which
> are in Paradox format. Now I don't know how to create the statement.
> Normally all my statements are derived from Paradox's QBE and using the
> show SQL function, or using Integra's SQL Builder. Now I know Paradox can
> do outer joins but it can't show the relevant SQL statement. And the
query
> builder says that the database engine does not support them, but they do!

> So basically, how do I do an outer join with Paradox tables in SQL. Any
> help appreciated

> Sean

Re:SQL and Joins

mud...@erie.net (Charles E. Weindorf)  wrote

> I think it looks something like this:

> Select Table1.Field, Table2.Field
> From Table1 left join Table2 on Table1.Key = Table2.Key

and "left outer join "creates the desired outer join...

Michael
--

Michael Suedkamp                                      m...@suedkm.franken.de

Other Threads