Paradox file cannot be opened

I explain my situation first.
I make a multi-user data entry program using paradox database.
If one uses the program (some paradox files opened), and another one
uses the same program then,
there is an error:

Directory is controlled by other .NET file.
Directory: C:\
File: T:\DATA\PDOXUSRS.LCK.

Please teach me how to solve?
How to share the same databases to different users?

Thank you very much.

Re:Paradox file cannot be opened

First each computer should exit the program.
Then find any Paradox.lck and Pdoxusrs.lck files
on each computer. Also if you find any Pdoxusrs.net
file, delete that as well. Then go into BDEAdmin and
on the configuration tab under drivers/native/paradox
you have to make sure that each computers "Net Dir"
has the same path. For example "x:\MyNetDir" or
"\\Server\C-Drive\MyNetDir". Also check the
System/Init and make sure that local share is set to true.

Wilson Woo wrote:
> I explain my situation first.
> I make a multi-user data entry program using paradox database.
> If one uses the program (some paradox files opened), and another one
> uses the same program then,
> there is an error:

> Directory is controlled by other .NET file.
> Directory: C:\
> File: T:\DATA\PDOXUSRS.LCK.

> Please teach me how to solve?
> How to share the same databases to different users?

> Thank you very much.

Re:Paradox file cannot be opened

>I explain my situation first.
>I make a multi-user data entry program using paradox database.
>If one uses the program (some paradox files opened), and another one
>uses the same program then,
>there is an error:

>Directory is controlled by other .NET file.
>Directory: C:\
>File: T:\DATA\PDOXUSRS.LCK.

All users sharing access to directories where Paradox tables are accessed must
use the same .net file location and address that location with the same path
speicification except tha the driver letter can be different.
32bit BDE can use UNC directory notation to set the .net file location.

The .net file location is set in the BDE config.

.lck files contain the location of the .net file they where created with so old
.lck files can cause this error.  You may need to delete any old lock files

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads