unsupported feature, D5, IBExpress, 64-bit largeInteger, ibUpdate, SQL dialect 3

Hi,

when I use D5, IBExpress, 64-bit largeInteger, ibUpdate, SQL dialect 3,
together with data-aware controls, and I want to post, I get the
error-Message

"Unsupported Feature"

This anoly occurs, when I try to update 64-bit Numeric fields.

Thanks for replies,

Dietrich

Re:unsupported feature, D5, IBExpress, 64-bit largeInteger, ibUpdate, SQL dialect 3

You have to use TIBDataset if you need to manipulate int64 through parameters
(like when updating).  TParam does not support Int64 under D5.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Re:unsupported feature, D5, IBExpress, 64-bit largeInteger, ibUpdate, SQL dialect 3

Thanks for Reply!!

Dietrich

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3C0E40C3.FC9AA...@onramp.net...

> You have to use TIBDataset if you need to manipulate int64 through
parameters
> (like when updating).  TParam does not support Int64 under D5.

> "D.v.Witzleben" wrote:

> > Hi,

> > when I use D5, IBExpress, 64-bit largeInteger, ibUpdate, SQL dialect 3,
> > together with data-aware controls, and I want to post, I get the
> > error-Message

> > "Unsupported Feature"

> > This anoly occurs, when I try to update 64-bit Numeric fields.

> > Thanks for replies,

> > Dietrich

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry
> Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer why?
> As you grow up and leave the playground
> Where you kissed your Prince and found your frog
> Remember the jester that showed you tears, the script for tears. (Fish)

Other Threads