Listview many elements (50 000)

hallo, is ther a ease replacement to speedup a listview, because the normal
listview of inprise is to slow by a lot (50 000) of elements.
any suggestions ?

thanks Ingo.
i.w...@t-online.de

Re:Listview many elements (50 000)

Ingo Wulf wrote:

> hallo, is ther a ease replacement to speedup a listview, because the normal
> listview of inprise is to slow by a lot (50 000) of elements.
> any suggestions ?

        Yes, don't load it.  Instead, set OwnerData TRUE, set the Count to
50000, and write an OnData handler to provide the data when the ListView
requests it.  This is documented in TListView.OwnerData.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz            Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer        http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:Listview many elements (50 000)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:16:36 +0200, "Ingo Wulf" <i.W...@t-online.de>
wrote:

>hallo, is ther a ease replacement to speedup a listview, because the normal
>listview of inprise is to slow by a lot (50 000) of elements.

just a tiny thing, the TListView is actually just a nice interface for
the standard windows component, list view. It's the same thing that in
Windows explorer (and you might know how its feels like to work in a
directory with 10000+ items :)

Not to nitpick, since one can do some modifications by accessing the
listview api directly.

- Asbj?rn

Re:Listview many elements (50 000)

In article <8qdqgt$j6e$1...@news.t-online.com>, i.W...@t-online.de
says...
> hallo, is ther a ease replacement to speedup a listview, because the normal
> listview of inprise is to slow by a lot (50 000) of elements.
> any suggestions ?

See the VirtualListview project under the Demos directory (D5)

-------------------------------
Paul Lambadaris
Singular Computer Applications
mailto : p...@singular.gr
www    : http://www.singular.gr

Re:Listview many elements (50 000)

There is a simple and efficient solution to that: use the component
TReportListView of our SDL Component Suite. TReportListView is up to a
factor of 100 faster than the standard list view, provides a sorting
facility, and an enhanced layout of the list. Details can be fount at:

    http://www.lohninger.com/replist.html
and
    http://www.lohninger.com/examples.html
(look for the sample program replistv).

Regards,

    Hans

-----------------------
Hans Lohninger
SDL - Software Development Lohninger
P.O.Box 123
A-1061 Vienna
helpd...@lohninger.com
http://www.lohninger.com/

"Ingo Wulf" <i.W...@t-online.de> wrote in message

> hallo, is ther a ease replacement to speedup a listview, because the
normal
> listview of inprise is to slow by a lot (50 000) of elements.
> any suggestions ?

> thanks Ingo.
> i.w...@t-online.de

Other Threads