need help on linux

I try to start the database server ( it has been running for app 3 month )
but it won't start now

The error message is
Unbale to complete network request to host "computername"
-Failed to locate host machine
-Undefine service gds_db/tcp

Whats is wrong ??

Thanks for any help
--
/mvh
Magnus

Re:need help on linux

> I try to start the database server ( it has been running for app 3 month )
> but it won't start now

Three months is how long the evaluation license lasts. Make sure you have the
proper licensing.

> The error message is
> Unbale to complete network request to host "computername"
> -Failed to locate host machine
> -Undefine service gds_db/tcp

This error usually indicating that there is no entry of " gds_db
3050/tcp" in the SERVICES file on either the client or the server machine.
Add the entry to the file and reconnect. The location of the SERVICES file is
usually in /etc/SERVICES.

-Tom

Other Threads