A TTable can't be in-memory?

It looks as though you can't use a ttable's methods to work with a
table created with dbiCreateInMemTable.  To begin, TTable's handle
property is read-only.  And once the table name has been set to that
of the in-mem table, you can't set ttable's active property true, as
the bde complains (sensibly, I guess) that no such file exists.

Any ideas around these problems, or should I just assume ttable can't
be used this way...? ;-)

Sure would be useful, though.

--
Frank Burleigh 812-333-7082 (h); 812-855-9170 (o); 812-855-0555 (fax)
School of Law 254, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  47405

Re:A TTable can't be in-memory?

Frank Burleigh wrote:
> It looks as though you can't use a ttable's methods to work with a
> table created with dbiCreateInMemTable.  To begin, TTable's handle
> property is read-only.  And once the table name has been set to that
> of the in-mem table, you can't set ttable's active property true, as
> the bde complains (sensibly, I guess) that no such file exists.

You don't right - we use InmemoryTable, and I think it's good practice.
As I think you choose the wrong way in cursor opening.

If you have look to Delphi Superpage and find 'Inmem202' file you can
get the answer on almost all question, but... you can't make
InmemoryTable as TTable descendant, because  InmemoryTable does not
support - Indexing and ....deleting?!! so you have to write your own
delete and sort proc. (but it's not dificult).

Igor                            PicoSoft Moscow, Russia.

Re:A TTable can't be in-memory?

If Delphi 3 Client/Server is an option, the TClientDataSet component will
do what you need, including indexing.

Regards,
Matt Palcic
CommonVision

Frank Burleigh <burle...@copper.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote in article
<burleigh.863060592@copper>...

> It looks as though you can't use a ttable's methods to work with a
> table created with dbiCreateInMemTable.  To begin, TTable's handle
> property is read-only.  And once the table name has been set to that
> of the in-mem table, you can't set ttable's active property true, as
> the bde complains (sensibly, I guess) that no such file exists.

> Any ideas around these problems, or should I just assume ttable can't
> be used this way...? ;-)

> Sure would be useful, though.

> --
> Frank Burleigh 812-333-7082 (h); 812-855-9170 (o); 812-855-0555 (fax)
> School of Law 254, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  47405
> Internet burle...@indiana.edu or CIS 72730,1017 (rare visits)

Other Threads