How to draw a bitmap on another bitmap?

Hello!

I have a background bitmap (BkBitmap), and I want to put a transparent
bitmap (FgBitmap) with some lines on top of the other bitmap. FgBitmap
will change often, and I don't want any of them to flicker when
redrawing.

Does anyone have a good advice for me? Please send email.

Hein Gustavsen
he...@studpors.hit.no

Re:How to draw a bitmap on another bitmap?

Hein Gustavsen wrote:

> Hello!

> I have a background bitmap (BkBitmap), and I want to put a transparent
> bitmap (FgBitmap) with some lines on top of the other bitmap. FgBitmap
> will change often, and I don't want any of them to flicker when
> redrawing.

> Does anyone have a good advice for me? Please send email.

Create another bitmap, off the screen.  Do all your drawing operations
onto it, and then blit the whole lot onto BkBitmap in one hit.

--
Mark.

Re:How to draw a bitmap on another bitmap?

Mark is right.  This would probably be the best technique to use in this
case.  You can e-mail me if you would like more info or a code sample.

Dominic

Mark Pritchard wrote:

> Hein Gustavsen wrote:

> > Hello!

> > I have a background bitmap (BkBitmap), and I want to put a transparent
> > bitmap (FgBitmap) with some lines on top of the other bitmap. FgBitmap
> > will change often, and I don't want any of them to flicker when
> > redrawing.

> > Does anyone have a good advice for me? Please send email.

> Create another bitmap, off the screen.  Do all your drawing operations
> onto it, and then blit the whole lot onto BkBitmap in one hit.

> --
> Mark.

Re:How to draw a bitmap on another bitmap?

Mark is right.  This would probably be the best techniqu to use in

Mark Pritchard wrote:

> Hein Gustavsen wrote:

> > Hello!

> > I have a background bitmap (BkBitmap), and I want to put a transparent
> > bitmap (FgBitmap) with some lines on top of the other bitmap. FgBitmap
> > will change often, and I don't want any of them to flicker when
> > redrawing.

> > Does anyone have a good advice for me? Please send email.

> Create another bitmap, off the screen.  Do all your drawing operations
> onto it, and then blit the whole lot onto BkBitmap in one hit.

> --
> Mark.

Other Threads