How do you get Formula One .xls file in/out of BlobField

I'm trying to save a Formula One Spreadsheet file to a Blob field without
success.
I've created a TBlobStream & associated with the field I want but the
Formula One "WriteToBlob" method expects  "phBlob" parameter that doesn't
seem to have a counterpart on the TBlobStream side.

I'm using D3 Pro with the Formula One OCX that was supplied with Delphi..

I vaguely recall being able to do this with Formula One VBX and Delphi 1.

TIA,
--
Peter Kott                           PAK Consulting
p...@superlink.net            (732)805-9213