GNU Pascal

I had installed gnu pascal ( I downloaded the binay, decompressed it and
untared it).

I was able to compile a pascal program with gpc, But the linker
error saying unable to find -lgcc appeared, on compilation.

Can someone be of some help.
Thanks in advance.
Bye
BAIJU

PS: Can you mail me the reply in addition to posting

Re:GNU Pascal

msa...@giasbga.vsnl.net.in wrote:
> I had installed gnu pascal ( I downloaded the binay, decompressed it and
> untared it).

> I was able to compile a pascal program with gpc, But the linker
> error saying unable to find -lgcc appeared, on compilation.

On which system?  Sorry, but without more specific information
I can only guess what your problem is.

On some systems, GNU Pascal needs the `libgcc.a' library.

Please make sure that your library path points to the directory
containing `libgcc.a'.

To hunt the bug, invoke `gpc' with the `-v' option and see
where `gpc' is looking for the libraries.

Greetings,

    Peter

 Dipl.-Phys. Peter Gerwinski, Essen, Germany, free physicist and programmer
peter.gerwin...@uni-essen.de - http://home.pages.de/~peter.gerwinski/ [971005]
 maintainer GNU Pascal [971001] - http://home.pages.de/~gnu-pascal/ [971005]

Re:GNU Pascal

msa...@giasbga.vsnl.net.in wrote:
> I had installed gnu pascal ( I downloaded the binay, decompressed it and
> untared it).

> I was able to compile a pascal program with gpc, But the linker
> error saying unable to find -lgcc appeared, on compilation.

Unfortunately you didn't say which system you're using. E.g., for DJGPP, you
need some "utilities", too. Please take a look at the DJGPP FAQ, reachable via
the GPC homepage http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/

If you can't find a solution there, please send a mail with more specific
information to the GPC mailing list g...@hut.fi

Frank

--
Frank Heckenbach, Erlangen, Germany
fjf@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS]gmx.de

Re:GNU Pascal

msa...@giasbga.vsnl.net.in wrote:
>I had installed gnu pascal ( I downloaded the binay, decompressed it and
>untared it).

>I was able to compile a pascal program with gpc, But the linker
>error saying unable to find -lgcc appeared, on compilation.

>Can someone be of some help.
>Thanks in advance.
>Bye
>BAIJU

>PS: Can you mail me the reply in addition to posting

I don't know what system your working on, but if it's DOS, have you already
downloaded GNU C? If not, look at www.delorie.com for more about DJGPP. I don't
know if this applies to other systems or not, but I'm pretty sure you must
already have the C compiler and libraries to use GNU Pascal (gpc) with DJGPP.

Re:GNU Pascal

SWars Matt wrote:

> msa...@giasbga.vsnl.net.in wrote:

[djgpp stuff snipped]

> I don't know what system your working on, but if it's DOS, have you already
> downloaded GNU C? If not, look at www.delorie.com for more about DJGPP. I don't
> know if this applies to other systems or not, but I'm pretty sure you must
> already have the C compiler and libraries to use GNU Pascal (gpc) with DJGPP.

  You are correct in this assumption.  On most other systems,
programming is
useless unless you have the C programming package.

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One.  We've handled the Borg.  We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard

Re:GNU Pascal

msa...@giasbga.vsnl.net.in wrote:
> I had installed gnu pascal ( I downloaded the binay, decompressed it and
> untared it).

> I was able to compile a pascal program with gpc, But the linker
> error saying unable to find -lgcc appeared, on compilation.

Unfortunately you didn't say which system you're using. E.g., for DJGPP, you
need some "utilities", too. Please take a look at the DJGPP FAQ, reachable via
the GPC homepage http://home.pages.de/~GNU-Pascal/

If you can't find a solution there, please send a mail with more specific
information to the GPC mailing list g...@hut.fi

Frank

--
Frank Heckenbach, Erlangen, Germany