TIDTcpClient under Win98

I've got an application that uses the Indy Tcp components to communicate
security information.  It works fine when I run the client under Windows
2000, but when I try it under 98 I frequently get "Connection Closed
Gracefully" on the client.  Has anyone experienced this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re:TIDTcpClient under Win98

Best news I've heard all day!  :)

I haven't actually looked where it was happening yet.  So, it is in the indy
component where I will trap the error?

Thanks a bunch!

Re:TIDTcpClient under Win98

Its fine - nothing to worry about - just trap the error. Read the comments
where the exception rises and it will explain :-)

/A.

"Jeff Cope" <JeffC...@lllow.com> wrote in message news:3b618faa$1_1@dnews...
> I've got an application that uses the Indy Tcp components to communicate
> security information.  It works fine when I run the client under Windows
> 2000, but when I try it under 98 I frequently get "Connection Closed
> Gracefully" on the client.  Has anyone experienced this?

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re:TIDTcpClient under Win98

This is what you should see when the werror breaks in the IDE:

/A.

      ------ If you receive an exception here, please read. ----------

      If this is a SERVER
      -------------------
      The client has disconnected the socket normally and this exception is
used to notify the
      server handling code. This exception is normal and will only happen
from within the IDE, not
      while your program is running as an EXE. If you do not want to see
this, add this exception
      or EIdSilentException to the IDE options as exceptions not to break
on.

      From the IDE just hit F9 again and Indy will catch and handle the
exception.

      Please see the FAQ and help file for possible further information.
      The FAQ is at http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/FAQ.html

      If this is a CLIENT
      -------------------
      The server side of this connection has disconnected normaly but your
client has attempted
      to read or write to the connection. You should trap this error using a
try..except.
      Please see the help file for possible further information.

      // ************************************************************* *)
      raise EIdConnClosedGracefully.Create(RSConnectionClosedGracefully);

"Jeff Cope" <JeffC...@lllow.com> wrote in message news:3b6191a6_1@dnews...
> Best news I've heard all day!  :)

> I haven't actually looked where it was happening yet.  So, it is in the
indy
> component where I will trap the error?

> Thanks a bunch!

Re:TIDTcpClient under Win98

I'm actually getting this error outside the IDE from the client side.  So,
it must be my server that occasionally gracefully disconnects the client.  I
didn't see anything about this in the faq.  Have any ideas why the server
might be dropping the connection every so often?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re:TIDTcpClient under Win98

Figured out the problem.  Thanks for all the help.

Other Threads