SMS ing

Hi all.

I am after any info on getting communications to operate with a Nolia
Phone. I have found and am quite happy with a component from
www.oxygensoftware.com

and thier help is great.

What I want to do is communicate with just a serial port.
THE REASON????

Well I also play with Microprocessors. Some of these have a serial port
built in. I actually want to connect the phone to this and send sms
messages from there. I figure if I can get a serial port component to do
this then I should be able to get my micro to do it by sending the same
strings etc.

Any help would really be appreciated.

--
Please also post your replies to

 ccSPAMn...@sale-net.com.au

after removing the word SPAM out of the address.
Due to high traffic on my website, news has a
low priority and responses take a long time to
arrive.

Re:SMS ing

Can't say I have ever done this by connecting direct to a phone... I
guess you can do it with some phones, but obviously it will be
different for every single model - and that's just the plug!

What I have used is a little box called a "Wavecom WMOD2". This plugs
into the serial port and supports the extended AT GSM commands.

The Wavecom just takes a standard GSM sim and away you go.

Obviously I have no idea if it will work in Australia. All I know is
it supports both GSM bands in the UK (I think that's GSM900 and
GSM1800 - Vodafone,cellnet,orange and one2one).

http://www.wavecom.com

Hope this helps,

Dodgy.

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:05:41 +1000, Peter May
<ccSPAMn...@sale-net.com.au> waffled on about something:

>Hi all.

>I am after any info on getting communications to operate with a Nolia
>Phone. I have found and am quite happy with a component from
>www.oxygensoftware.com

>and thier help is great.

>What I want to do is communicate with just a serial port.
>THE REASON????

>Well I also play with Microprocessors. Some of these have a serial port
>built in. I actually want to connect the phone to this and send sms
>messages from there. I figure if I can get a serial port component to do
>this then I should be able to get my micro to do it by sending the same
>strings etc.

>Any help would really be appreciated.

Re:SMS ing

> Well I also play with Microprocessors. Some of these have a serial port
> built in. I actually want to connect the phone to this and send sms
> messages from there. I figure if I can get a serial port component to do
> this then I should be able to get my micro to do it by sending the same
> strings etc.

> Any help would really be appreciated.

Then pleae feel free to visit www.gsm-modem.de . You will find a lot
of answers to your questions.