TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

Hi,    Exists a bug in a Delphi 7 or I been deceptive???????
I do this:

1)  Put a VCL TSimpleDataSet Component in a form.  Save-it with name Father.

2)  I create a new form inherited from Father with name Son and Save. ( use
repository)

3)  When I clicks in the TSimpleDataSet Component of Son and Clicks in
Object Inspector in any properties, the IDE brings a GPFs, brings a Message
: Out of Memory.

What is it?????????

I tested in any machines and the bug is the same............

Anybody yet use the TSimpleDataset with Inheritence?????

Best Regards
Leandro Sega
Brazil-SP

Re:TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

Sounds very similar to bug reported in Quality Central report #2346.

Regards,
Andy Mackie.

Re:TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

I get something similar but the error appears to be a little different
and raises only when I try expand the TSimpleDataSet.DataSet property
when a receive a dialog with the message bellow:

"Access violation at address 400056F00 in module 'rtl70.bpl'. Read of
address 0000000."

I've one "father" and several "son's" and the error is always the same.

Andy did you see something like at QC reports ???

Regards.

Re:TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

Well, just vote, sit and wait :-/

Re:TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

Yes, it its the bug.....   When I try expand the TSimpleDataSet more
exactly.....

Regards....

"Dettmer, A. L." <arma...@eps.ufsc.br> escreveu na mensagem

> I get something similar but the error appears to be a little different
> and raises only when I try expand the TSimpleDataSet.DataSet property
> when a receive a dialog with the message bellow:

> "Access violation at address 400056F00 in module 'rtl70.bpl'. Read of
> address 0000000."

> I've one "father" and several "son's" and the error is always the same.

> Andy did you see something like at QC reports ???

> Regards.

Re:TSimpleDataSet Bug in a Form inherited D7

I dont go to use the TSimpleDataSet before a Solution.   Now I use the
TSQLDataSet, Provider, etc.... Only.

Regards
Leandro Segatti

> Well, just vote, sit and wait :-/