choosing between MySQL, Interbase, MS SQL server, sybase..???

Hello there,

I have an delphi 6 application using over 400 paradox tables, some of them
containing up to 10.000 records. I want to move them to a SQL-server but I
don't know how to choose between:

-MySQL (is it stable with this many and sometimes large tables? What engine
to use; DBExpress (still doesn't work on my machine for some reason...) or
others such as provided by scibit)

-Interbase (shipped with Delphi and therefore probably easy to convert the
paradox tables into InterBase, but is it better then MySQL?)

-MS SQL-server (rather expensive and more difficult to configure i think?
but very stable)

-SyBase

-other??

I like to use MySQL (runs on my webserver) but does anyone has any advise on
why I should or should not?

thanks,

Chris

Re:choosing between MySQL, Interbase, MS SQL server, sybase..???

"Chris Stegeman" <cstege...@deltion.nl> wrote in message <news:b4coo2$bku$1@reader11.wxs.nl>...
> Hello there,

> I have an delphi 6 application using over 400 paradox tables, some of them
> containing up to 10.000 records. I want to move them to a SQL-server but I
> don't know how to choose between:

> -MySQL (is it stable with this many and sometimes large tables? What engine
> to use; DBExpress (still doesn't work on my machine for some reason...) or
> others such as provided by scibit)

> -Interbase (shipped with Delphi and therefore probably easy to convert the
> paradox tables into InterBase, but is it better then MySQL?)

> -MS SQL-server (rather expensive and more difficult to configure i think?
> but very stable)

> -SyBase

> -other??

> I like to use MySQL (runs on my webserver) but does anyone has any advise on
> why I should or should not?

> thanks,

> Chris

Use Zeos components to connect to MySQL, an easy port from paradox:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zeoslib/zeosdbo-5.4.1.zip?download

then read this:
http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28160,00.html

HTH,