Grade 11 Computer science student needs HELP!!!

I'm working with TP 7.0, i'm trying to use the StrLen, i've decleared the
uses of the library Strings, but i keep getting a type miss match when i
complie.

I using this function to find the length of a string for an if statement.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

--
The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability

Re:Grade 11 Computer science student needs HELP!!!

Graham L. Galway wrote:

> I'm working with TP 7.0, i'm trying to use the StrLen, i've decleared the
> uses of the library Strings, but i keep getting a type miss match when i
> complie.

> I using this function to find the length of a string for an if statement.

> Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

> --
> The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability

If the variable is declared as a string, then use Length instead of
StrLen.

Donald Johnson                       bin...@jupiter.1starnet.com
Binary Engineers                              Software Developer
http://www.jupiter.1starnet.com/binary

Re:Grade 11 Computer science student needs HELP!!!

( working without the manuals in fromt of me, so bear with me )

Borland 7 supports 2 kinds of strings

STRING  the 'traditional' Borland Pascal string, <Length Byte><Max 255
Characters>
    LENGTH  find the length of a STRING

StringZ  a C style string, <as many characters as you need, but no NULL
bytes><NULL Byte as delimiter>
    STRLEN  find the leength of a STRINGZ

these 2 type are separate but parellel
The manuals go into lots of detail.

Rick

PS  This is the type of question that will not get flame responses. We
have NO idea of the assignment, but a pretty clear idea of the problem.
This is the same kind of problem I answer for other programmers at work.
Rick H...@aol.com

Other Threads