Piotr Stok?osa
pi...@ata1.ata.com.pl

Re:Need better report writer

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997 08:16:53 -0500, "Greg Johnson" <john...@utlx.com>
wrote:

>I am converting a Paradox ( 7 - 32 bit) application to Delphi. The app is a
>survey and the client wants wants "True or False" check boxes on the form
>and on a report, so it mirrors the original paper survey.
>In Paradox, this was not a big problem, as the fields are logical and I
>could use a checkbox or radio button on both the report and the form.

>In Delphi, the form is not a problem, but the report is a real pain in the
>%^&*(/.  Using QuickReport is easy, but I cannot figure out how to use
>anything other than a dbtext field which prints out true or false, but I
>cannot make it look like check boxes on a survey.

>ReportSmith does not seem any better.

>I have tried researching different report components on the net, but still
>have not found anything useful. I cannot believe that there is not some
>decent report writer that can work with Delphi.

>Can anyone recommend a package that can do more than a simple text field?

>Reply by Email if possible. Thanks,

>Greg R. Johnson
>CompuCom Designs
>www.icongrp.com/~gjohnson

I've never tried this, so may be talking out my backside; Would it not
be possible to create a calculated field with a border (which would
appear as the box). Then depending on true or false set the value to
the square root symbol or space.
Just an idea.

Vincent Kolosowski

In article <62d185$...@news.icongrp.com>, Greg Johnson wrote:
> I am converting a Paradox ( 7 - 32 bit) application to Delphi. The app is a
> survey and the client wants wants "True or False" check boxes on the form
> and on a report, so it mirrors the original paper survey.
> In Paradox, this was not a big problem, as the fields are logical and I
> could use a checkbox or radio button on both the report and the form.

I suggest you take a look at Ace Reporter by SCT Associates, this will let
you do what you require.

Can be found at www.sct-associates.com

regards

David L Sutherland

Re:Need better report writer

Write a new component to quickreports that does your Checkbox stuff.
There is basic help included for component writing in a quickreports
documents.

Other Threads