Toolbars; Button Caption Colour

Hi, does anyone know why you cannot change the colour of a toolbutton
caption in D4? Is it possible in D5? You can change the font's name & size,
but not the colour.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Steve Childs.

Re:Toolbars; Button Caption Colour

> Hi, does anyone know why you cannot change the colour of a toolbutton
> caption in D4? Is it possible in D5? You can change the font's name & size,
> but not the colour.

Steve,

Microsoft decreed that buttons on toolbar (which is a Windows common control)
be displayed in the standard button color and font color defined in control
panel. Since the control has no ownerdraw capability we are stuck with that.
Use a TPanel with TSpeedbuttons for more control.

Re:Toolbars; Button Caption Colour

That's what I feared. Shame.

Thanks all the same

Regards

Steve Childs.

Peter Below (TeamB) <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, does anyone know why you cannot change the colour of a toolbutton
> > caption in D4? Is it possible in D5? You can change the font's name &
size,
> > but not the colour.

> Steve,

> Microsoft decreed that buttons on toolbar (which is a Windows common
control)
> be displayed in the standard button color and font color defined in
control
> panel. Since the control has no ownerdraw capability we are stuck with
that.
> Use a TPanel with TSpeedbuttons for more control.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Re:Toolbars; Button Caption Colour

I hate to correct a TeamB member, but TToolbar does have custom draw
facility and that you can use that to control the font colour. (I only found
this out after I got your mail.)

I now have a toolbar with white button captions |-)

Regards

Steve Childs.

-
RedEdit 98 - The Premier Editor for Red Alert.
DuneEdit 98 - The Premier Editor for Dune2000.

--------- WWW Sites:
UK and Europe -
 (UK)  http://www.childs-play-software.co.uk
 (UK)  http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/k.cox
USA and rest of world
 (USA)  http://www.childs-play-software.com
 (Australia) http://www.mns.net.au/~rededit
 (USA)  http://free.prohosting.com/~cps
---------
Email : supp...@childs-play-software.com
---------

Peter Below (TeamB) <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, does anyone know why you cannot change the colour of a toolbutton
> > caption in D4? Is it possible in D5? You can change the font's name &
size,
> > but not the colour.

> Steve,

> Microsoft decreed that buttons on toolbar (which is a Windows common
control)
> be displayed in the standard button color and font color defined in
control
> panel. Since the control has no ownerdraw capability we are stuck with
that.
> Use a TPanel with TSpeedbuttons for more control.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads