Capability not supported error when trying to create a stored procedure

I am at wits end.  I have a 100 line stored procedure I am trying to add to
an Interbase database through a TQuery componet.  I have paramcheck set to
false and all else is fine.  If I output the sql and run it in WISQL it
works perfectly.
I get the capability not supported when the execsql method is called.  The
important data is, Delphi 5, Interbase 5.6 and it is running through the
BDE.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We normally have a very
sound update process but this is a special project.  Thanks in advance.

Lee Ragans
LeeRag...@hotmail.com

Re:Capability not supported error when trying to create a stored procedure

"capability not supported" is reported by BDE when you request one of
unsupported capabilities for current datasource. This happens with live
queries and with some DbiXXX functions.
ExecSQL is passthru method, meaning it is not interpreted by BDE.
So you either do something wrong in your code or have some wrong
configuration parameters:
- SQLQRYMODE must be either blank or "SERVER";
- SQLPASSTHRU MODE must be one of shared options - must not be "not shared"
If "not shared", you have to use separate connection for each query, though
in this case IIRC the error message is different.

--
----------------------
Regards

Lee Ragans wrote in message <8ngupk$k...@bornews.borland.com>...
>I am at wits end.  I have a 100 line stored procedure I am trying to add to
>an Interbase database through a TQuery componet.  I have paramcheck set to
>false and all else is fine.  If I output the sql and run it in WISQL it
>works perfectly.
>I get the capability not supported when the execsql method is called.  The
>important data is, Delphi 5, Interbase 5.6 and it is running through the
>BDE.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We normally have a
very
>sound update process but this is a special project.  Thanks in advance.

>Lee Ragans
>LeeRag...@hotmail.com

Other Threads