cannot access package information for package ''

I find there was a post about this back in December, but it's no longer
available on the server and I find no answer.

I recently installed Windows 2000 and did my best to install Delphi on it
with the same set of 3rd party components. Now when I try to build or
compile run-time packages that were working earlier -- or even if I create
and try to build or compile a new package with nothing in it -- I get this
error message:
cannot access package information for package ''

Any suggestions? Did the writer of the original post ever find the source of
this problem and, I hope, an answer? Thanks in advance.

Stephen Aberle {{8^{d}
Programmer, Unipharm Wholesale {*word*110} Ltd.
mailto:stephe...@unipharm.com