Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

>I couldn't find another reference to this major problem in this newsgroup
>(which is surprising!)
>Using Delphi 5, Interprise.

There do not appear to be may people using the combination of ADO and interbase
successfully

>Windows XP crashes a Delphi application that runs an ADOquery that returns a
>no records.
>The error messge is something like current records is deleted or positioned
>at BOF or EOF (which it would be)

The second AdoExpress update for D5 fixes a problem with MDAC 2.6 and higher
that generates a BOF or EOF error.  Have you installed this update and have you
checked for multiple copies of ADOdb.dcu?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

I am using XP and am experiencing a similar problem:

If I change the database (remove a field) then open a project that
references that field, Delphi starts up but closes down, no error message.

If I edit the file in notepad and set Active = False for the query that
references the missing field, it will start up.

-Rob

"Steve Delnawaz" <stev...@whitechsolutions.com> wrote in message

> I couldn't find another reference to this major problem in this newsgroup
> (which is surprising!)

> Using Delphi 5, Interprise.

> Windows XP crashes a Delphi application that runs an ADOquery that returns
> no records.
> The error messge is something like current records is deleted or
positioned
> at BOF or EOF (which it would be)
> The error only appears when attempting to close the query.
> In IDE mode set a ADOquery to active (no result) and then in-active, you
> will get the error and on attempt to set it back to active again will
cause
> delphi to shutdown.with ac access violation.

> Does anyone know of a fix or a way around this problem?

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

I was having the same problems and used that 2nd ADO express update on
Borland's site and it seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't updated my
development machine to MDAC 2.6 yet, but I recompiled and tested the
executable on an XP machine and I did not get the EOF/BOF errors anymore on
that machine.

Margaret

"Rob" <nos...@abc.com> wrote in message news:3c719cce$1_2@dnews...
> I am using XP and am experiencing a similar problem:

> If I change the database (remove a field) then open a project that
> references that field, Delphi starts up but closes down, no error message.

> If I edit the file in notepad and set Active = False for the query that
> references the missing field, it will start up.

> -Rob
> "Steve Delnawaz" <stev...@whitechsolutions.com> wrote in message
> > I couldn't find another reference to this major problem in this
newsgroup
> > (which is surprising!)

> > Using Delphi 5, Interprise.

> > Windows XP crashes a Delphi application that runs an ADOquery that
returns
> > no records.
> > The error messge is something like current records is deleted or
> positioned
> > at BOF or EOF (which it would be)
> > The error only appears when attempting to close the query.
> > In IDE mode set a ADOquery to active (no result) and then in-active, you
> > will get the error and on attempt to set it back to active again will
> cause
> > delphi to shutdown.with ac access violation.

> > Does anyone know of a fix or a way around this problem?

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

This problem is fixed in the new update posted 21-2-2002

Eric

"Rob" <nos...@abc.com> schreef in bericht news:3c719cce$1_2@dnews...

> I am using XP and am experiencing a similar problem:

> If I change the database (remove a field) then open a project that
> references that field, Delphi starts up but closes down, no error message.

> If I edit the file in notepad and set Active = False for the query that
> references the missing field, it will start up.

> -Rob
> "Steve Delnawaz" <stev...@whitechsolutions.com> wrote in message
> > I couldn't find another reference to this major problem in this
newsgroup
> > (which is surprising!)

> > Using Delphi 5, Interprise.

> > Windows XP crashes a Delphi application that runs an ADOquery that
returns
> > no records.
> > The error messge is something like current records is deleted or
> positioned
> > at BOF or EOF (which it would be)
> > The error only appears when attempting to close the query.
> > In IDE mode set a ADOquery to active (no result) and then in-active, you
> > will get the error and on attempt to set it back to active again will
> cause
> > delphi to shutdown.with ac access violation.

> > Does anyone know of a fix or a way around this problem?

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

What new update?

"Eric ten Westenend" <e.tenwesten...@re-base.com> wrote:

>This problem is fixed in the new update posted 21-2-2002

>Eric

>"Rob" <nos...@abc.com> schreef in bericht news:3c719cce$1_2@dnews...
>> I am using XP and am experiencing a similar problem:

>> If I change the database (remove a field) then open a project that
>> references that field, Delphi starts up but closes down, no error message.

>> If I edit the file in notepad and set Active = False for the query that
>> references the missing field, it will start up.

>> -Rob
>> "Steve Delnawaz" <stev...@whitechsolutions.com> wrote in message
>> > I couldn't find another reference to this major problem in this
>newsgroup
>> > (which is surprising!)

>> > Using Delphi 5, Interprise.

>> > Windows XP crashes a Delphi application that runs an ADOquery that
>returns
>> > no records.
>> > The error messge is something like current records is deleted or
>> positioned
>> > at BOF or EOF (which it would be)
>> > The error only appears when attempting to close the query.
>> > In IDE mode set a ADOquery to active (no result) and then in-active, you
>> > will get the error and on attempt to set it back to active again will
>> cause
>> > delphi to shutdown.with ac access violation.

>> > Does anyone know of a fix or a way around this problem?

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

>What new update?

Delphi "6" update 2

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

dennis_passmore@nospam_yahoo.com (Dennis Passmore) wrote:

>>What new update?

>Delphi "6" update 2

>Dennis Passmore
>Ultimate Software, Inc

Unfortunately, my XP problem is occurring with Delphi 5.
Is there anyone who can find out how to get those fixes for
Delphi 5.

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

Hi tom,

> Unfortunately, my XP problem is occurring with Delphi 5.
> Is there anyone who can find out how to get those fixes for
> Delphi 5.

Brian's answer was for Delphi 5.
What do you mean by "those problems"?
Here in this thread, we already have two different problems, one experienced by
Steve (adressed by the ADOExpress update #2) and another one experienced by Rob.
If you mean the problem you mention in the thread you started, it seems to be
still different and probably not adressed (yet?).

Thrse

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

>Is there anyone who can find out how to get those fixes for
>Delphi 5.

This just my opinion but it will never happen. Borland has never
updated a prior version of product once it has moved on to development
of the next version. You will have to upgrade to Delphi 6 or else work
around what ever problems you are having yourself.

Sorry for being so blunt but it is the truth.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

i have the same problem and i'm using delphi 6. does delphi 6 update 2 has
been release yet ?

Dennis Passmore <dennis_passmore@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >What new update?

> Delphi "6" update 2

> Dennis Passmore
> Ultimate Software, Inc

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

>i have the same problem and i'm using delphi 6. does delphi 6 update 2 has
>been release yet ?

Yes it was released 2 weeks ago. You will have to download it from the
Registered users page on Borlands web site.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

can you send me delphi 6 update 2 ? cause i've never registered my delphi on
borland web site.
thanks

> >i have the same problem and i'm using delphi 6. does delphi 6 update 2
has
> >been release yet ?

> Yes it was released 2 weeks ago. You will have to download it from the
> Registered users page on Borlands web site.

> Dennis Passmore
> Ultimate Software, Inc

Re:Windows XP having problem wirh ADO Queries

>can you send me delphi 6 update 2 ?

No, sorry, you have to get it from Borland's Web Site.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

"If you cannot conceive the idea you
 will never achieve the desired results"