Access violation in D4 randomly......

I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in my
program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

Thanx

Marcus

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

Well, I tested it on a few Windows workstations at our office and I found
out that the Access Violation only occurs on Workstations with the Windows
version  4.00.950 B......... Hmmmmm - Bill ? Do you have to say anything
about that ???? ;-)

Every other version, either W95 or W98 seems to work well....

Does anybody have a similar experience ????

Marcus

Marcus Holz wrote in message <363535c...@news.swiftech.com.sg>...
>I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

>Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in
my
>program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

>D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

>Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

>Thanx

>Marcus

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

I've been having a lot of problems with Delphi 4 also...
Have you tried installing the Update patch #2??

Isaac

Marcus Holz wrote:
> I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

> Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in my
> program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

> D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

> Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

> Thanx

> Marcus

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

I have had the same experience.

My NT Workstation version is 4.00.1381.

Random Access violations closing forms with only one 3rd part control
built for Delphi 4 (XceedZip).

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

Not yet... Just downloading it now --- 27Mb - bummer----

I let you know whether the patch solved my problems....

One thing that did not solve my problem was upgrading my 4.00.950 B
workstation to W98.... I still get the same error message........

Cheers

Marcus

Isaac McNaughton wrote in message <36356920.813A9...@auckland.ac.nz>...
>I've been having a lot of problems with Delphi 4 also...
>Have you tried installing the Update patch #2??

>Isaac

>Marcus Holz wrote:

>> I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

>> Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in
my
>> program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

>> D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

>> Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

>> Thanx

>> Marcus

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

I got problems too when closing Delphi 4.0

 3 access violations !

I'm using also 4.00.950 B !!!

Marcus Holz schrieb in Nachricht <363535c...@news.swiftech.com.sg>...

>I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

>Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in
my
>program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

>D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

>Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

>Thanx

>Marcus

Re:Access violation in D4 randomly......

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but we used to have
problems with Windows 95 B especially on 95 peer to peer networks and we were
told that share.exe was taken out of that version and now there were problems
with file locking etc
Marcus Holz wrote:
> I have changed from D3 to D4 without changing any source.

> Problem now is when I close some of my forms I get an Access violation in my
> program. Unfortunately not always - so it is not debuggable ;-(

> D3 worked without any problem - D4 gives me this strange behavior....

> Anybody with an idea or similar problem ???

> Thanx

> Marcus

Other Threads