Does Disabling a Group Box disable the components inside

If a group box contains components, shouldn't disabling the group box
also disable the componets inside? I put a text box in a group box and
then disabled the group box. When you run the program, the group box's
components are not grayed like a typcially disabled component. The
components become read only but don't look disabled.

I had planned to disable the group box so the user could see the
components but with them grayed he/she would realize that they were
not useable. But the way it apprently works, it's not apparent at all
that the group box and it's components are disabled.

Re:Does Disabling a Group Box disable the components inside

lmar...@FlowSoft.com (Lyle Mariam) wrote:
>If a group box contains components, shouldn't disabling the group box
>also disable the componets inside? I put a text box in a group box and
>then disabled the group box. When you run the program, the group box's
>components are not grayed like a typcially disabled component. The
>components become read only but don't look disabled.
>I had planned to disable the group box so the user could see the
>components but with them grayed he/she would realize that they were
>not useable. But the way it apprently works, it's not apparent at all
>that the group box and it's components are disabled.

From the description TEXT BOX i assume you mean MEMO or EDIT.
Try creating a new project and just placing a LABEL, MEMO, and EDIT
control on the form. Disable each. That's how they behave (in or out
of a group box).

There's probably a better way, but for each MEMO or EDIT you could set
the FONT.COLOR to gray, then back to black.

Other Threads