ListView

Hi !
I have a listview and i put lots of stuff in it. How can i save it ?
I need to put the same object in the listview the next time i start my
app...

Regards, Mats

Re:ListView

Apart from individually saving all your properties and values to a file or
to the registry, you could employ some of the built-in streaming that comes
with TComponent. Take a look at the WriteComponent method of TStream in the
help file...

Randy

--
Randy Wilson
Dallas, Texas USA

Mats Gustafsson <m...@quick-code.com> wrote in message

> Hi !
> I have a listview and i put lots of stuff in it. How can i save it ?
> I need to put the same object in the listview the next time i start my
> app...

> Regards, Mats

Re:ListView

I've tried doing that myself but with no luck at all.  It would help if someone who has successfully
saved the list items and restored it on demand could post a sample code for that.

--
Thanks,
Jon.

Charles R. Wilson <crwil...@medsweb.com> wrote in message news:7ufujh$1pc10@forums.borland.com...

> Apart from individually saving all your properties and values to a file or
> to the registry, you could employ some of the built-in streaming that comes
> with TComponent. Take a look at the WriteComponent method of TStream in the
> help file...

> Randy

> --
> Randy Wilson
> Dallas, Texas USA
> Benchmark Consulting
> mailto:crwil...@drcbenchmark.com

> Mats Gustafsson <m...@quick-code.com> wrote in message
> > Hi !
> > I have a listview and i put lots of stuff in it. How can i save it ?
> > I need to put the same object in the listview the next time i start my
> > app...

> > Regards, Mats

Re:ListView

Just look at www.torry.ru

you will find some listview components with built in loading and saving
capabilities.
And with source as well.

Greetings,

Rob Segerink

Jon E. Scott <jsc...@landstar.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
7uhulf$h8...@forums.borland.com...

> I've tried doing that myself but with no luck at all.  It would help if

someone who has successfully
> saved the list items and restored it on demand could post a sample code
for that.

> --
> Thanks,
> Jon.

> Charles R. Wilson <crwil...@medsweb.com> wrote in message

> > Apart from individually saving all your properties and values to a file
or
> > to the registry, you could employ some of the built-in streaming that
comes
> > with TComponent. Take a look at the WriteComponent method of TStream in
the
> > help file...

> > Randy

> > --
> > Randy Wilson
> > Dallas, Texas USA
> > Benchmark Consulting
> > mailto:crwil...@drcbenchmark.com

> > Mats Gustafsson <m...@quick-code.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi !
> > > I have a listview and i put lots of stuff in it. How can i save it ?
> > > I need to put the same object in the listview the next time i start my
> > > app...

> > > Regards, Mats

Other Threads