Retrieving properties in Word and Excel documents

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find a way to obtain some of the properties from Excel
and Word files (i.e. Title, Author, No of Word, Modification date, etc.)
from an external program.

Does anyone know how or where I can get more information to accomplish
something like this.

Thanks,

Yvon Leduc

Re:Retrieving properties in Word and Excel documents

Hi,
    The best way is to go thru the help files provided by MS-Office 97 which
is in Office Directory under Microsoft Office Directory. The filenames are
VBA????8.hlp.
Bye
Samir Kumar Mishra(sa...@icodeindia.soft.net)
Yvon Leduc wrote:
> Hello Everyone,

> I am trying to find a way to obtain some of the properties from Excel
> and Word files (i.e. Title, Author, No of Word, Modification date, etc.)
> from an external program.

> Does anyone know how or where I can get more information to accomplish
> something like this.

> Thanks,

> Yvon Leduc

Re:Retrieving properties in Word and Excel documents

Hi, you can use something like this

title :=
Word_application.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyTitle)

where word_application would be your ole link to Work through
CreateOleObject and WdPropertyTitle is a Word constant accessed through the
Word_Tlb file.

Yvon Leduc wrote in message <35C8F31C....@sympatico.ca>...
>Hello Everyone,

>I am trying to find a way to obtain some of the properties from Excel
>and Word files (i.e. Title, Author, No of Word, Modification date, etc.)
>from an external program.

>Does anyone know how or where I can get more information to accomplish
>something like this.

>Thanks,

>Yvon Leduc

Other Threads