Generate own SSL Keys

Hello,

Can someone please direct me on how I can create our own private/public keys
and certificates to secure (SSL) our own internal server?  The tools we are
using are: Delphi 6 ent, Indy 9.0, OpenSSL (latest version), and it is an
IIS 5.0 server we wish to secure.  I know how to create the key files in
IIS, what I don't know is how to take those files and create a secure
certificate.  Since this is an internal server, I would like to try and
avoid purchasing the cert from Verisign or Thawte.

Thanks,
Craig

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

i have a little manual in PDF format, enought to build your own
ceritifcates.

Where i can send it to u ?

regards
jose

"Craig" <cr...@radicalage.com> escribi en el mensaje

> Hello,

> Can someone please direct me on how I can create our own private/public
keys
> and certificates to secure (SSL) our own internal server?  The tools we
are
> using are: Delphi 6 ent, Indy 9.0, OpenSSL (latest version), and it is an
> IIS 5.0 server we wish to secure.  I know how to create the key files in
> IIS, what I don't know is how to take those files and create a secure
> certificate.  Since this is an internal server, I would like to try and
> avoid purchasing the cert from Verisign or Thawte.

> Thanks,
> Craig

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

> Where i can send it to u ?

In the attachement group would be nice :c)

Christian

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

Ok, posted

"Christian Charette" <charetc@removeme_nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in news:3d7f37a7
@newsgroups.borland.com:

--
saludos
PePe@ssa

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

thanks :c)

Christian

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks,
Craig

"Craig" <cr...@radicalage.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

> Can someone please direct me on how I can create our own private/public
keys
> and certificates to secure (SSL) our own internal server?  The tools we
are
> using are: Delphi 6 ent, Indy 9.0, OpenSSL (latest version), and it is an
> IIS 5.0 server we wish to secure.  I know how to create the key files in
> IIS, what I don't know is how to take those files and create a secure
> certificate.  Since this is an internal server, I would like to try and
> avoid purchasing the cert from Verisign or Thawte.

> Thanks,
> Craig

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

Hello,

Sorry but I can't get the attachment from the newsgroup. Could you
kindly send me directly this manual at the mail address:
pie...@nimisa.be

Many thanks in advance,

Take care
Pierre Evarrd

>i have a little manual in PDF format, enought to build your own
>ceritifcates.

>Where i can send it to u ?

>regards
>jose

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

where is the attachment group?

zed

"Christian Charette" <charetc@removeme_nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> thanks :c)

> Christian

Re:Generate own SSL Keys

where did you post it?

or could you please send a copy?

thanks

zed

"pepe@ssa" <p...@ssa.es> wrote in message

> Ok, posted

> "Christian Charette" <charetc@removeme_nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in news:3d7f37a7
> @newsgroups.borland.com:

> >> Where i can send it to u ?

> > In the attachement group would be nice :c)

> > Christian

> --
> saludos
> PePe@ssa