Locate method - Delphi V3 / BDE 4.51 - Paradox

Hello:

    I am using Paradox Tables with BDE 4.51.

    I have a component for incremental search in tables that use the locate
method.  It can use several keys.  All works fine until I must put a third
key field of integer type.  Now seems that locate returns always false, I
tried many ways (with/without Partial/CaseSensitive) but always returns
false.

    My conclusion may be:
a) Locate don't  work with numeric fields.
b) Locate have a bug.

Someone has the same problem?  Can resolve it?

Thanks.
Sorry my english.
Sky

Re:Locate method - Delphi V3 / BDE 4.51 - Paradox

>    I am using Paradox Tables with BDE 4.51.

>    I have a component for incremental search in tables that use the locate
>method.  It can use several keys.  All works fine until I must put a third
>key field of integer type.  Now seems that locate returns always false, I
>tried many ways (with/without Partial/CaseSensitive) but always returns
>false.

Here are at least a few of the details you need to include in your question.

What is the structure of the table?
What is the structure of all the indexes used by the table?
What is the active index when you try to use Locate?
What are the 3 fields you are trying to use in the index?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Locate method - Delphi V3 / BDE 4.51 - Paradox

Brian Bushay TeamB escribi en mensaje <36aa0414.1315623@floyd>...

>>    I am using Paradox Tables with BDE 4.51.

>>    I have a component for incremental search in tables that use the
locate
>>method.  It can use several keys.  All works fine until I must put a third
>>key field of integer type.  Now seems that locate returns always false, I
>>tried many ways (with/without Partial/CaseSensitive) but always returns
>>false.

>Here are at least a few of the details you need to include in your
question.

>What is the structure of the table?
>What is the structure of all the indexes used by the table?

What for do you need this information ?!
I using locate in a component, it must work with any table using the active
index (obviously the index is agree with the search keys).
The component was working fine with string fields.  The problems begin when
it must work with integer fields.

>What is the active index when you try to use Locate?
>What are the 3 fields you are trying to use in the index?

The active index is formed by the 3 fields that I am using with the locate
method.

Thanks.

Re:Locate method - Delphi V3 / BDE 4.51 - Paradox

>What for do you need this information ?!

Because I am not going to try to duplicate a problem that I do not have
reasonable paramaters to start with.

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)