Delphi 6.0 and MS SQL Server

I am using Delphi 6.0 connecting to MS SQL Server database through
ADODatasets. When we distribute the application, the client machines will
need ADO installed.

1. What is the minimum ADO version that would need to be installed, ADO 2.1
or ADO 2.7 (we also connect to remote SQL Servers over the Internet. The
server name is an IP address).

2. Is there any VCL available that would connect to a MS SQL Server database
without having to install ADO on each client machine?

Thanks

--

Peace in Christ,
Marco Napoli

Re:Delphi 6.0 and MS SQL Server

2.6 for SQL 2000, i'm not sure about previous versions

why people always forget to say version ? :(

U?ytkownik Marco Napoli <ma...@avantitec.com> w wiadomo?ci do grup
dyskusyjnych napisa3:3cbd9cca$1_1@dnews...

> I am using Delphi 6.0 connecting to MS SQL Server database through
> ADODatasets. When we distribute the application, the client machines will
> need ADO installed.

> 1. What is the minimum ADO version that would need to be installed, ADO
2.1
> or ADO 2.7 (we also connect to remote SQL Servers over the Internet. The
> server name is an IP address).

> 2. Is there any VCL available that would connect to a MS SQL Server
database
> without having to install ADO on each client machine?

> Thanks

> --

> Peace in Christ,
> Marco Napoli