Paradox size limit?

What would be the best DB to work on for extremely large tables?

I'm using Paradox at the moment but I've just started to fill in the
database, what is the limit on records and fields?

thanks,
  nisbus

Re:Paradox size limit?

What is extremely large for you?
What is your budget ?
Oracle, Db2, MS SQL, Interbase are good choices.

"Nisbus" <nis...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What would be the best DB to work on for extremely large tables?

> I'm using Paradox at the moment but I've just started to fill in the
> database, what is the limit on records and fields?

> thanks,
>   nisbus

Re:Paradox size limit?

>What would be the best DB to work on for extremely large tables?

How many Gigabytes of data do you intend to store?

>I'm using Paradox at the moment but I've just started to fill in the
>database, what is the limit on records and fields?

If your table is using the default 4K block size it can hold a maximum of 256
meg of data.  If you raise block size to the maximum of 32K you can store up to
2 gig of data.  String fields can be up to 255 characters.  Memo fields can be
up to 256 megs

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com