Print under WIN-NT network

I have Turbo Pascal 6.0 on an NT server. Win95 machines are the
workstations. On the WIN95 machine, LPT1: has been captured and
redirected to a printer on another computer. File|Print creates a 160
error, access denied. DOS' Edit program prints fine to the other
printer.  Any thoughts on why TP does not like a captured LPT1: port?

Re:Print under WIN-NT network

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:36:20 -0500, David Palmer <dpal...@Oxford.net>
wrote:

>I have Turbo Pascal 6.0 on an NT server. Win95 machines are the
>workstations. On the WIN95 machine, LPT1: has been captured and
>redirected to a printer on another computer. File|Print creates a 160
>error, access denied. DOS' Edit program prints fine to the other
>printer.  Any thoughts on why TP does not like a captured LPT1: port?

this is a swag (scientific wild ass guess :> ) but it could be DOS
Edit is spooling its print jobs to 'print.exe' insted of trying direct
access itself. Insted of trying to assign a file to the printer, try
spooling it and let the os worry about the aliases.

jcko...@4dcomm.com
Computer Possesed?? call an XORcist.

Other Threads