BDE, Installshield & Y2K

I currently have BDE 4.51 installed on my development machine. I'd like to
upgrade to v.5 to correct y2k problems and make it's behaviour similar to
other Winsows apps. For example entering 07/13/00 in a Paradox db gives you
07/13/1900 with BDE 4.51 whereas the same gives you 07/13/2000 if your
running Excel. According to Borlands web site, this is sorted in BDE 5 but
last time I looked at this there were problems with Installshield (I'm using
the version packaged with Delphi 3.0).

Have these problems now been sorted, and if so, where can I download a patch
for Installshield so it will work with BDE5

TIA

--
Kenvyn Davies
IVOJO Multimedia - Presentation & Home Cinema Systems

Re:BDE, Installshield & Y2K

Kenvyn,

    Any Y2K information we have is located on our web page at:

http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/y2000

Yarry Gonzalez
Delphi Developer Support
Borland

Kenvyn Davies wrote:
> I currently have BDE 4.51 installed on my development machine. I'd like to
> upgrade to v.5 to correct y2k problems and make it's behaviour similar to
> other Winsows apps. For example entering 07/13/00 in a Paradox db gives you
> 07/13/1900 with BDE 4.51 whereas the same gives you 07/13/2000 if your
> running Excel. According to Borlands web site, this is sorted in BDE 5 but
> last time I looked at this there were problems with Installshield (I'm using
> the version packaged with Delphi 3.0).

> Have these problems now been sorted, and if so, where can I download a patch
> for Installshield so it will work with BDE5

> TIA

> --
> Kenvyn Davies
> IVOJO Multimedia - Presentation & Home Cinema Systems
> www.ivojo.com
> Tel. +44  (01348) 840080 Fax +44 (01348) 841081

Re:BDE, Installshield & Y2K

>For example entering 07/13/00 in a Paradox db gives you
>07/13/1900 with BDE 4.51 whereas the same gives you 07/13/2000 if your
>running Excel. According to Borlands web site, this is sorted in BDE 5 but
>last time I looked at this there were problems with Installshield (I'm using
>the version packaged with Delphi 3.0).

Incorrect information.
Delphi 4 allows you to change the two digit date window not BDE 5

>Have these problems now been sorted, and if so, where can I download a patch
>for Installshield so it will work with BDE5

If you have Delphi 4 the venison of installshiled it has will handle BDE 5
If you have a prior verison of installshield then Installshield will be happy to
sell you a new version but there no patch to get it to use BDE 5

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:BDE, Installshield & Y2K

We are using D-4 with BDE 5.01.
We used InstallShield to build a install for the BDE and so far it's worked
flawlessly on every machine attempted. We've thoroughly tested for Y2K
compliance and have corrected a few things within the app.
Most of the corrections were accomplished by setting:
    TwoDigitYearCenturyWindow := 50; (controls the pivot year)
    Application.UpdateFormatSettings := false; (keeps windows from changing
your pivot year)
See DateToStrToDate and TwoDigitYearCenturyWindow in Help (I'm not sure what
D-3 Help has on these) The BDE has passed all of our Y2K tests.
Has anyone found any Y2K problems with the BDE?
Kenvyn Davies <krdav...@ivojo.com> wrote in message

> I currently have BDE 4.51 installed on my development machine. I'd like to
> upgrade to v.5 to correct y2k problems and make it's behaviour similar to
> other Winsows apps. For example entering 07/13/00 in a Paradox db gives
you
> 07/13/1900 with BDE 4.51 whereas the same gives you 07/13/2000 if your
> running Excel. According to Borlands web site, this is sorted in BDE 5 but
> last time I looked at this there were problems with Installshield (I'm
using
> the version packaged with Delphi 3.0).

> Have these problems now been sorted, and if so, where can I download a
patch
> for Installshield so it will work with BDE5

> TIA

> --
> Kenvyn Davies
> IVOJO Multimedia - Presentation & Home Cinema Systems
> www.ivojo.com
> Tel. +44  (01348) 840080 Fax +44 (01348) 841081

Re:BDE, Installshield & Y2K

Thanks one and all for your help. Much appreciated.

--
Kenvyn Davies
IVOJO Multimedia - Presentation & Home Cinema Systems
www.ivojo.com
Tel. +44  (0)1348 840080 Fax +44 (0)1348 841081

Other Threads